Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NashTrickster

"Transference" John Tynes' Cyberpunk/CoC crossover

NashTrickster

I was just re-reading through issue #7 of TUO and was wondering if anyone ever got the occasion to read (or play) the follow-up to "Convergence", which was supposed to be issued in issue #7 of the Cyberpunk Fanzine Interface, titled "Transference"...

If you have can you summarize the plot for me? I'd like to know what it's about before starting to search for a copy... ;)

Edit: Apparently the info from TUO is wrong and it's in Issue #6 of Interface that this scenario is featured...

Danharms

I've got it and I wouldn't bother looking for it if I were you. It's about five pages long, and while Elements X and Y are major parts of the plot as they are in Convergence, it doesn't contain enough of a jumping-off point to be a real sequel.

Pope_jonnyX
I've got it and I wouldn't bother looking for it if I were you. It's about five pages long, and while Elements X and Y are major parts of the plot as they are in Convergence, it doesn't contain enough of a jumping-off point to be a real sequel.

Yo, Mr. D., long time. Any chance I could get scans/copies of the article, or borrow the zine for a few days? Email me at the regular place.

--jx

PS - Dunno if you noticed, or if Draco has been in touch with you in the last couple of weeks, but I moved necfiles.org/.net to a new host. I need to set you up with a new login, and discuss what you'd like to do with the site. We have much more control on this host than we did with the last couple, so if you want to set up mailing lists, necfiles email addresses, etc. then let me know.

Mithras

I'm now holding an old copy of Interface Issue 2, Vol.2...

(Can't remember where my copies of TUO has gone, though...)

Anyway, "Transference"...

(Spoiler-in-a-Nutshell)

City of the Elder Things

Ubbo-Sathla biomass experiment

Fascist coup in 90's Argentina

Refugees arrive in Antarctica

Mi-Go contact them

Genetically-modified Antarcticans then become Revolution Genetics

Proto-matter bioware producers (possessed eldritch wetware)

Welcome to Night City

Armand Galantri Horizon Biologic R&D assassinated

By 'Dano' Moss, Solo; friend of PCs

More Motiveless killings (possessions)

Arcadia Grill shootout

Revolution Genetics R&D lab investigation/insertion

Proto-matter facility!

Guarded by a Mass of Amorphous flesh & Cybernetic parts called "The Hound".

Also simultaneously crawling inside the datafortress.

Corrosive bacterium released to kill PCs.

Revolution Genetics go Corp War global...

Nightshade
I'm now holding an old copy of Interface Issue 2, Vol.2...

I forgot about that copy of Interface! I used that in my CyberPunk Campaign back in the early 90's. I loved [Re]Evolution Genetics. I had a character that had no cyberware in the campaign. She was a essentially a"corporate ninja" who was not aware of what she was and she was working unwittingly for [Re]Evolution Genetics. No one understood why I described their corporate headquater as Cyclopean. :twisted:

Curse you Mithras! I now have to dig through my old Cyberpunk Material in the cellar to find it. :P