Sign in to follow this  
tlynch999

Our Ladies of Sorrow

Elder_thingy

Hey Doc, can I ask you, how well do you think these scenarios would translate to a medieval BRP setting, a sort of mythic Europe?

doccthulhu
Hey Doc, can I ask you, how well do you think these scenarios would translate to a medieval BRP setting, a sort of mythic Europe?

While not impossible, it would take some real work on the Keeper's part. It's a very contemporary setting. The first scenario, for example, takes place in and around a five-story apartment building called "The Three Sisters."

Doc

Evans
takes place in and around a five-story apartment building called "The Three Sisters."

Doc

Hmmm might changing it to an Inn be a possiblity.

Mulciber

"Our Ladies" looks great. Is there a distributor for MRP products in the U.K?

doccthulhu
"Our Ladies" looks great. Is there a distributor for MRP products in the U.K?

IGUK.com will likely be carrying the book; they already carry Dead But Dreaming and New Tales of the Miskatonic Valley. We still haven't been able to raise any interest from Esdevium distributors.

Doc

Gaffer
takes place in and around a five-story apartment building called "The Three Sisters."

Doc

Or a surviving Roman-style insula tenement block.

doccthulhu

Doc

Yes. All quite possible. Although the adventures are designed for contemporary America, the story's theme(s) are actually timeless and could be adapted to almost any era.

Doc

christian

having just received my copy of NToMV, I rushed to order OLoS. I am taking my own swwet time reading the first collection of scenarioes, and enjoying the quality of the writing and the inventiveness of the scenarioes. I'll post a review soon. How good to see Doc and the others back in such style!

Elder_thingy

Doc

Yes. All quite possible. Although the adventures are designed for contemporary America, the story's theme(s) are actually timeless and could be adapted to almost any era.

Doc

That might work very well for me, as my campaign takes place in Italy, among other places. And if it doesn't work out, I can always use it for our classic era CoC.

tlynch999
That might work very well for me, as my campaign takes place in Italy, among other places. And if it doesn't work out, I can always use it for our classic era CoC.

If memory serves, Kevin even states in the manuscript that the setting for the first scenario of the campaign is any moderate sized-university town in the US. I don't think there is anything overly-US about it, though, so it could be ported over with just a few adjustments.

Constantine

I've pre-ordered OLoS. I hope you plan to produce more modern scenarios.

Agent_Bluescale

I would love to preorder it but I'm here in the UK :(

Mulciber

IGUK.com will likely be carrying the book; they already carry Dead But Dreaming and New Tales of the Miskatonic Valley. We still haven't been able to raise any interest from Esdevium distributors.

Doc

Thanks Doc, though I couldn't find any actual MRP products at IGUK. Have you tried Leisure Games or Gameslore for selling your wares?

doccthulhu
Thanks Doc, though I couldn't find any actual MRP products at IGUK. Have you tried Leisure Games or Gameslore for selling your wares?

We sent a shipment to them last week. If they don't have it listed yet, it should be available in the next few days.

I will check on the two stores you mentioned. Thanks for the tips.

Doc

doccthulhu

Doc

Doc

As I said, there's nothing about this book that demands a contemporary setting, or an American one, as long as the Keeper is prepared to make necessary adjustments.

Book One needs some sort of apartment building, as noted earlier.

Book Two requires an isolated, desolate area such as a desert, or tundra, or mountain range, or other.

Book Three takes place in a city/town/community located on the banks of a good sized river.

This is a very different kind of adventure, not the sort of thing often seen in CoC.

Doc

Elder_thingy

I bet there were big apartment type buildings in the urban centres of Medieval Italy, something like old Roman ones, or perhaps Arabian style elsewhere? And plenty of mountains or deserts around the Mediterranean, ditto for river etc. Do these features have to be sited close to each other?

Besides, the whole Roman Goddess aspect (there is one right?), fits again very well. 8)

Tigger_MK4

We sent a shipment to them last week. If they don't have it listed yet, it should be available in the next few days.

I will check on the two stores you mentioned. Thanks for the tips.

Doc

IGUK now have it on their new releases page.

doccthulhu
And plenty of mountains or deserts around the Mediterranean, ditto for river etc. Do these features have to be sited close to each other?)

No.

Doc

Elder_thingy

Thanks, Doc! 8)

tlynch999

So, the art has started to come in, and Doc is doing layout. He sent me a sample of the artwork for our loyal fans to enjoy.

hag-with-hand-of-glory.gif

Nice, eh? I'm sorry? What's that? Wanna pick up the book as soon as it starts shipping? Oh, well, SURE: http://www.miskatonicriverpress.com/products/store.shtml

Tigger_MK4

ooo...nice

Also, its nice to see its possible to have an interesting link to "The Auction" there...

Badger

Gosh, would that be a Hand of Glory she's carrying, or just a Very Elaborate But Not Suspicious At All candle? ;D

-=badger

tlynch999
:twisted:

Tigger_MK4
:twisted:

now there's an idea for a book of scenarios - the history of an artifact (like a Hand of Glory) from acncient/Roman to modern times/scifi ...

(although admittedly hands of glory were only first mentioned in about 1400AD or so)[/b]