Sign in to follow this  
tlynch999

Our Ladies of Sorrow

tlynch999

Okay, so Kevin Ross doesn't know this yet, but I'm now announcing his upcoming title through Miskatonic River Press: the title is Our Ladies of Sorrow, and here's a brief write-up for it. Coming this Winter!

FJR

Sounds wonderful! (Though I am of course disappointed its's modern-day as opposed to good old 20s, which is my era of preference, and when I run my games.) With a great writer and a great artist, I'll be buying it anyway.

And I detected an echo of Dario Agento's 'Three Mothers' theme in the background, a nice thing to be evoked, whether or not there's any actual connection/inspiration.

Keep them coming...and quickly!

Best,

Francis

DarkDesigns

Well, you've got one sale right here!!

This sounds right up my alley.

tlynch999

Glad to hear it Mike...spread the word!

The_Jay

Sold.

TheMightySprout

and if you offer a pdf then I'll pick that up too.

sufirjp

Sounds intriguing. How compatible will it be with Delta Green?

Iago1537

Sold

I've been trying to come up with away to use those three ever since I saw them in the Malleus Monstrorum.

Beyond03

The title reminds me of Fritz Leiber's Our Lady of Darkness, "in which cities were the breeding grounds for new types of elementals called paramentals, summonable by the dark art of megapolisomancy".

Now there would be a daunting RPG monster! (Hint, hint!)

coffeedemon

Woo hoo! Sounds sweet! Can't wait!

Cuchulain

Looks good. Can't wait to have a go!

DarkDesigns

Glad to hear it Mike...spread the word!

Consider it spread! :D

StagLord

I can't wait for any of these titles - this is just another one on the list.

I am very, very excited about all the content MRP has teased us with so far.

DrummerDave

Poking around the MRP site, I ran across what I assume is a 'handout' for this new modern scenario, and it is definitely one of the coolest handouts ever:

http://www.miskatonicriverpress.com/images/Namacknowatt.gif

You guys are starting to drop some cool props and peeks into your materials... it's all looking awesome!

Dr_Locrian
it is definitely one of the coolest handouts ever:

http://www.miskatonicriverpress.com/images/Namacknowatt.gif

You guys are starting to drop some cool props and peeks into your materials... it's all looking awesome!

Hey now! I like this approach! Definitely going to get this book when it comes out.

tlynch999

Glad you guys are enjoying it!

Believe me when I say we're looking forward to getting our stuff out there. This particular book is being read/reviewed/edited by all of us while Kevin rolls up his sleeves and digs into his scenario for New Tales of the Miskatonic Valley.

Hey...we *are* going to have some good books! 8)

tlynch999
Sounds intriguing. How compatible will it be with Delta Green?

Sorry for the delay in response to this, and for resurrecting a thread from a while back, but the topic is worth it. I have just read Book 1 from Our Ladies of Sorrow, and am starting Book 2 (there are three, plus an epilogue).

Oh, a DG cell would have HUGE fun with Book 1, and it's so well done and creepy that it's fully worth it. Book 2 looks to be much the same. It may change the flavor a little bit if all the investigators are feds who hide their badges, but it will still work.

For vindictive Keepers, it's also a way to get rid of a cell that needs to be eliminated, if you catch my meaning... :twisted:

Edwar

Man this sounds intriguing!

I sort of get a nice 'back to the roots' wibe out of everything I hear about anything that Miskatonic River Press does and I like it!

I've always had a slight problem about understanding how a good modern CoC could be run if it wouldn't be DG. For me it seems that the options and knowledge of modern mankind sort of water everything down, but Our Ladies of Sorrow sounds like it includes things that I'd stress if I ever ran a modern day campaign.

Two thumbs up!

-Edwar

Agent_Bluescale

Being reading through Secrets of Japan and hate to ask this but..how hard would it be for the Keeper to move the plot to Japan/based it around a Japanese investigator party?

Or an 1890s game or even a 1920s?

Just wondering as sometimes I like to use scenarios in different settings.

maldoror

sign me up for this!

doccthulhu
Being reading through Secrets of Japan and hate to ask this but..how hard would it be for the Keeper to move the plot to Japan/based it around a Japanese investigator party?

Or an 1890s game or even a 1920s?

Just wondering as sometimes I like to use scenarios in different settings.

It would not be impossible.

Doc

sufirjp

Thanks for the response, Mr. Lynch. I'll likely be picking both this and Dead but Dreaming. Looking forward to supporting your products!

maldoror

You can count me in, too for this! I love this guy's work. When are you talking pre orders?

tlynch999
You can count me in, too for this! I love this guy's work. When are you talking pre orders?

The writing is finished and it's now being reviewed, and art is being assigned. I'm guessing early 2009, given the amount of work it is to put together a high-quality tome.

Feel free to nudge us and check in if you haven't heard in a while.

sda

This one has been in the works, on and off, for many years. I'm glad Kev finally got it on paper. AND, having read th entire manuscript, I can assure folks that this one is a winner.