Sign in to follow this  
PoC

Paul of Cthulhu's 'Away' Thread

Gerall

What's that? A SIZ 30 stone? Your STR must be Mythos-enhanced...

Thanks for sharing pictures from your holiday! Looks like you had a nice time.

Cheers -

jabonko

If you like big piles of dirt, you should come visit the Midwest, we've got some nice Indian mounds, glacial formations... and uh... um... stuff?

Glad you had a great vacation.

Evans
It was a nice cottage. :)

avebury-paul-stones.jpg

Paul helping to keep the stones upright in Avebury.

Let me guess. The next photo looks simaler to the above but has the stone on its side with a pair of feet sticking out.

On the a serius note that Stonehenge picture looks suprisingly desolate - what did you use to scare the touriststs away?

jabonko
what did you use to scare the touriststs away?
I suspect Paul tried to summon a Byakhee just to prove that you can't summon a Byakhee. :wink:

Pookie
If you like big piles of dirt, you should come visit the Midwest, we've got some nice Indian mounds, glacial formations... and uh... um... stuff?

Glad you had a great vacation.

Maiden Castle.

Huge big pile of chalk and quite amazing.

PoC

No sooner back, than off again!

Helen and I are off to "The Big Smoke" (aka London) for a Birthday break as I'm 20 for the second time round.

Lots of sightseeing planned, Gaslight & "Jack the Ripper" tours and museum exhibitions, dining at the Ritz and likely a trip to Leisure Games, Forbidden Planet, and apparently wool shop.

All followed by a trip on the overnight sleeper train to Glasgow for a bit of Scottish air!

We should be back by next Thursday (16th Oct.), keep an eye out for updates on the YSDC Twitter account!

Paul

tlynch999

Again, many happy returns (in advance) Paul. Sounds like a great trip...looking forward to seeing some photographic evidence.

Isis

Have a great trip you two, many happy returns for the day, Paul.

Glad to see Helen is diverting the trip to a wool shop. :)

PoC

Cheers!

Helen and I now both have our phones enabled for Twitter updating, so we'll see what happens, though this time I don't expect to be drinking Helen's still warm Bath water!

Paul

Blaggard

Looking at Paul's latest twitter. I used to walk past that shop on the way to the Orc's Nest Rpg shop (which is still there) way before Forbidden Planet moved to that area. Let's just say that the road it's on leads directly into Soho. I'll leave it to your imagination as to exactly what sort of "Lovecraft" they were purveying. It was a respectable looking bookshop on the top floor, but the basement... 8O . I'm sure neither Paul nor Helen had any idea, though. :wink:

Evans
Cheers!

Helen and I now both have our phones enabled for Twitter updating, so we'll see what happens, though this time I don't expect to be drinking Helen's still warm Bath water!

Paul

Yes we thought that was a little strange but we were to polite to say anything about it. (Cabin Fever setting in allready?)

Mr_Lin

Maiden Castle.

Huge big pile of chalk and quite amazing.

Pretty good, but British Camp has better views.

PoC
...Let's just say that the road it's on leads directly into Soho. I'll leave it to your imagination as to exactly what sort of "Lovecraft" they were purveying. It was a respectable looking bookshop on the top floor, but the basement... 8O . I'm sure neither Paul nor Helen had any idea, though. :wink:

It was always a fun stop for taking photos. :) It's now been turned into a Theatre ticket shop.

Here's a few photos we did take:

harrods-london-1.jpg

Harrods.

harrods-london-2.jpg

Egyptian themed escalator in Harrods.

fortnum-mason-london-1.jpg

Fortnum & Mason.

fortnum-mason-london-2.jpg

Fortnum & Mason ground floor interior.

fortnum-mason-hampers-1.jpg

Fortnum & Mason Hampers!

fortnum-mason-hampers-2.jpg

Fortnum & Mason Hamper section. "How much for this year's 'Snow Queen' hamper?" - "A snip at £25,000, sir."

fortnum-mason-hampers-3.jpg

Ever more Hampers!

ritz-1.jpg

Puttin' on the Ritz!

ritz-2.jpg

The Ritz.

ritz-3.jpg

Ritz Birthday Cake, served at Afternoon Tea.

We had a wonderful time!

Paul

PoC

Off working in the north of this fair land for a few days (without net connection). I should hopefully be back before the weekend.

Easy ways to see if I'm elsewhere (so to speak): I'll try and update my sig. and Lovecraftiana enters a period of slumber... :8E:

Paul

tlynch999

Headed up to the Lake District by any chance? If so, pix of Lake Windermere would be nice. The place figures rather prominently of Thrice Damned Dunbriar.

Helen

The Lake District is in Cumbria. We have been to Northumberland, where we visited a number of archaeolgical sites and listed buildings in the name of work :D

PoC

I try and update my Twitter account as I'm able: http://www.twitter.com/YSDC - so if I'm out & about you can casually see where I am!

Northumberland is a nice part of the world. Alnwick is a very nice town.

Paul

PoC

Off into the North(umberland) again, from now until end of Monday. Have a good weekend folks!

Paul

WatsonSE

The same to you, and good luck! :)

PoC

This weekend it's the UK Roleplaying Nationals in Manchester, so Helen & I are off with the BURPS team to represent Bradford.

We will be back late Sunday, hopefully with a few pictures in tow. :)

Have a good weekend, I will try and Twitter if I can ( http://twitter.com/YSDC )

Paul

Guest squashua

Party time!!!!

jabonko
Party time!!!!
shame I wasn't invited to the party :wink:

FunGuyfromYuggoth

(Going through his liquor cabinet.) :twisted:

GreveMagnus
(Going through his liquor cabinet.) :twisted:

Help yourself, mate... Anybody know where he keeps his Cthulhu stuff? :twisted: :twisted:

PoC

Away from keyboard for a week or so (till c. 10th August), so apologies for lack of communication during that time!

Paul