Sign in to follow this  
FNH

Cthulhu Podcast Releases

FNH

Episode 24 is here and ready for download.

In todays show we have a quick peek of the popular if expensive Crossley cars of the war years and the 20s.

Then we have a piece of music called Prisoners Song.

Then the main feature is part 1 of "The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath" by THE man himself.

Download the podcast

FNH

The 25th episode of the podcast is available for download.

In this episode we hear about a 1926 radio comedy show by a priest named Richard Knox, that terrified the upper elements of British society.

Then we hear a 1926 track called "Where did you get those eyes".

And the main feature is part 2 of "The Dream Quest of Unkown Kadath".

Download from here.

allicorn

Whee! I've been busting for this all week - Dreamquest being one of my favorite things ever :-)

Alli

FNH

Okay, the 26th Cthulhu Podcast is available for download.

In todays episode we have part 3 of The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath.

A 1929 bluesey track and a longer than usual history segment on the inundation of the american south by a scourge of twisters on Palm Sunday in 1920.

Listen. Enjoy. Tell your friends.

Pookie

Are they available via iTunes?

FNH

I think the iTunes link is the following. Let me know if it works or doesn't.

iTunes

Pookie
I think the iTunes link is the following. Let me know if it works or doesn't.

iTunes

Thanks.

FNH

Does that link work?

FNH

The lastest episode of the Cthulhu Podcast is ready for download.

Today we have an intermission in the long run of Lovecrafts "The Dream Quest of Unkown Kadath". That's right a short break, but not a break in quality. To fill this gap we have a wonderful mythosy story from William A La Fleur called "Northern Faerie Ring". Be sure to check out Williams Blog and the other one he contributes to. ( Links in the show notes )

The music in today's show is from Ted Lewis and is called "Dip Your Brush in the Sunshine".

For the history segment we have an overview of the St Valentines day massacre.

FNH

The 28th Cthulhu Podcast is now available for download.

Today I relate some details about Milton Sills, the music comes from the Weems String Band and the feature is part 4 of "The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath".

FNH

The 29th Cthulhu Podcast is available for download!

In todays show we continue the reading of Lovecrafts' The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadadth, part 5.

The music is from 1924 and is called Dum Dora by Billy Murray.

For the history segment we hear about the stock market crash of 1929.

Listen, enjoy, spread the word...

FNH

The 30th Cthulhu Podcast is available for download.

History : A 1923 "Time" article about Hitlers doings.

Music : Billy Murray , a 1923 track called "A lot of Bologny"

Feature : Part 6 of Lovecraft's "The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath".

FNH

The 31st Cthulhu Podcast available for download.

In todays episode we have an overview of the Russian revolution, music from St Louis Bessie and a poem from H.P. Lovercaft addressed to Lord Dunsany.

The feature for today is a combinaton of the Lovecraft poem and the story "Ghosts" by Lord Dunsany himself. Big thanks to Paul and William for their readings.

FNH

The 32nd Cthulhu Podcast is available for download. Today's main feature is part 7 of "The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath".

Music is by Markels Orchestra and is called Lonesome Mama Blues.

I also start a reading of "Through the Brazillian Wilderness" which is a non fiction story written by Teddy Roosevelt about his expedition down an unknown river. There they encountered croc's, canibals, man eating fish and had a murder in the party. A real adventure!

FNH

And now here is the 33rd Cthulhu Podcast bringing you both part 2 of "Through the Barzillian Wilderness" by Teddy Roosevelt and part 8 of "The Dream Quest of Unknown Kaddath" by Mr Lovercaft.

The music in todays episode is from Whispering Jack Smith and it called Little Girl.

FNH

The 34th Cthulhu Podcast is released with a continuance of "Through the Brazillian Wilderness and The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath. The music is another track from Marion Harris.

FNH

The 35th Cthulhu Podcast is available for download!

In this episode we continue the reading of "Through the Brazilian Wilderness" by T Roosevelt and then have musical interlude before listening to a dark poetical piece set to music, by James Patton

FNH

The 36th Cthulhu Podcast is available for download!

In this episode we continue the reading of "Through the Brazilian Wilderness" by T Roosevelt and then have musical interlude before listening to part 10 of Lovecrafts "The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath!.

johnnyhamper

Hey FNH. I love the Dreamquest podcasts you are doing right now. great history, period music and some of my favourite stories. Bedtime reading was never this much fun.

Thanks man.

FNH

The 37th episode of the Cthulhu Podcast is available for download. We continue the readings of "Through the Brazillian Wilderness" and Lovecrafts "The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath".

FNH

The 38th episode of the Cthulhu podcast is available for download.

More from both "Through the Braziallian Wilderness" and "The Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath" as well as a 1923 musical number from Billy Murray.

FNH

The 40th of the Cthulhu Podcasts has been released.

In this episode of the Cthulhu podcast your host takes a bit of a break due to illness ( a cold that just wont go ). So rather than any reading by myself I've broken the format and included little bits from different places.

The first segment is a piece of ambient style music from a group called "the Unnameable", the album is called "Graves are not hard to digg and acids loth to burn"(sic), the track is called "Teeth & Claws Sharpened on Centuries of Corpses".

This is followed by a short story written by Lord Dunsany called "Horde of Gebbelins" and is read by Mark Smith.

Then is an H.P. Lovecraft poem called "The Book, Pursuit, the Key" which is read and put to a musical accompanyment by Colin Timothy Gagnon.

The show winds up with another shorter track from the Unnameable, this one nicely called "If I am mad, it is a mercy".

.[/b]

FNH

Episode 41 of the Cthulhu Podcast has been released.

I start the show with part 9 of "Through the Brazillion Wilderness" by Teddy Roosevelt. Today we hear a story about man-eating big cats.

Then is a musical number from 1928 by Abe Lymans California Ambassador Hotel Orchestra called "A Jazz Holiday".

The show ends with the dramatic final part of H.P. Lovecraft's "The Dream Quest of Unkown Kadath" read for us by Maureen O'Brien.

Remember folks, I'm always looking for peoples contributions. Stories, poems, articles. There's no money in it, it's done for fun, and would generally be released under an Attrib' Non-Com No-Deriv license. The show will claim no rights on your work.

FNH

Epsiode 43 of the Cthulhu podcast has been released.

In this episode we continue with teddy's book, Through the Brazillion Wilderness then listen to a 1928 musical number and then leap into a short story from The King in Yellow entitled "The mask".

FNH

Episode 44 of the Cthulhu podcast has been released.

In this episode we continue the trip "Through the Brazillian Wilderness" and hear for the first time about Piranas!

Then a period piece of music from Whispering Jack Smith

The main feature is part 1 of "The Rats in the Wall".

Oh and it's off topic a little but I read a "dark" short story on the 100th episode of the DrabbleCast so you might want to check that out.