Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAThompson

Secret Shoggoth II

johnnyhamper

:D

Get in. The shoggoth bells are ringing for christmas time. The only gift they'll get this year is life!!!! (and a rather well researched tome on the darker nature of the cosmos). Consider the present dispatched.

Strangely enough this is the most Christmassy I have felt in years. Thanks Cat.

all the best,

Johnny Hamper

lordof1

Quick question - do we let the shogee know who sent them the present with the present, or do they remain in eternal wonder (and fear) over who has got their address?

jabonko
Quick question - do we let the shogee know who sent them the present with the present, or do they remain in eternal wonder (and fear) over who has got their address?

I think it's mostly up to you. I don't remember if I included my name with the present I sent, but I definitely posted on YSDC after the deadline for when my shoggie should have received it had passed.

PaulFricker

A nice feature on this site might be something like the sites where you can list your own book library - a Cthulhu library. It would consist of everything Cthulhu related, books, supplements, magazines, etc, and a tickbox if you have it. That would make knowing what your secret shoggothee wants a lot easier and you'd only have to do it once and then update it occassionaly.

How difficult would something like that be to set up? Serious question - I've no idea.

In the meantime, I'd like to let my secret shoggoth know that I have a lot of Cthulhu stuff and would list it but it will take so long - hence the suggestion above.

And don't forget Cthulhu Mugs make nice gifts :D - I'll even do you a custom one if you let me know asap.

jabonko
A nice feature on this site might be something like the sites where you can list your own book library - a Cthulhu library. It would consist of everything Cthulhu related, books, supplements, magazines, etc, and a tickbox if you have it. That would make knowing what your secret shoggothee wants a lot easier and you'd only have to do it once and then update it occassionaly.

I would recommend heading over to http://www.librarything.com

kindermord

Librarything is an excellant idea.

In fact it's such a good idea, I've started a group just for Yog-Sothoth users.

http://www.librarything.com/groups/celeano

Can anybody think of a book Yog-Sothoth AND library related pun?

Regards,

Eamon

Helen

This site might also be helpful:

http://wists.com/

It allows you to link to non-Amazon stuff in a big list of wantey goodness - like a wishlist, hence wist :D

JoeViturbo

hmmm...Libernomicon

the Cult of Books

Eldritch Libraries

I'm not doing so well here

CAThompson

Everybody STOP, we have some just past the wire people who want in and if three or four of you who havn't mailed off your packages could let me know and remix these folks in I'd be really grateful.

CAThompson

And now because you folks are so cool, I have enough to add both of our new shoggoths to the mix.

Both shoggoths have been changed, Addresses for the new members will follow shortly. If you didn't get a PM from me, contenoue about your daily activities as though nothing happened. If you did get a PM from me (you know who you are) I'll send the addresses to you as soon as PoC forwards them to me.

OpenHeir
All I really want for Yithmas is a group to play CoC with regularly, and a time-warping device so that scheduling isn't a problem.

AS do I !

Kirche

Parcel Away!

regarding earlier post about Libarything - good plan!

Nemo235

On behalf of all us shoggoths, thanks to CAThompson for organizing the gift exchange.

jabonko
On behalf of all us shoggoths, thanks to CAThompson for organizing the gift exchange.

Yes, thank you CAThompson for doing this again!

jabonko

Would the Shoggie who drew CAThompson please PM me?

JoeViturbo

Thank You CAThompson

U RAWK

Nightbrother
Would the Shoggie who drew CAThompson please PM me?

Hehe, we have similar thoughts. Would the person PM me too?

johnnyhamper

I think this is something rather lovely akin to the end of 'Its a Wonderful Life'. Could the person who got CAThompson pm me too.

Yours as ever

Johnny hamper

jabonko

Methinks this would be best executed in a more coordinated fashion. Something more focused, like a sniper-rifle, rather than a shot-gun blast attempt.

Oh... wait... no... that's not what I meant... I just meant we should organize!

Pookie

I believe that lulucthulhu has just sent hers...

PodMonkeys

Do you perhaps mean something more like pitchforks and torches outside his home? :P

Nemo235

I'll bring the marshmallows!

MrFilthyIke
...pitchforks and torches...

Would Alters and Enchanted Knives be more appropriate?

jabonko
Would Alters and Enchanted Knives be more appropriate?

If you're on the other side!