Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAThompson

Secret Shoggoth II

MrFilthyIke
Last year we started in Oct and it worked out. Although all this excitment makes me happy about this. I really love the yog community. And it's never too early to think about gifts. It's mostly just waiting for the signups to go and the traditional last person to come in three days late and then to start the shipping. We'll likely go with the Nov 25 names assignment again.

We are all looking forward to signing up. :)

CAThompson

I'm getting ready to start Secret Shoggoth III: Return of the Shoggoth and I have a question for the yoggies:

Do you think the gift price suggestion ought to be raised to $25USD or is $20USD working out fine? I know plenty of people ignore it entirely (Such as the gentelman and scholar who sent Secrets of LA and Mansions of Madness last year.) So I kind of think that $20 is fine but I'm not sure.

Pookie
I'm getting ready to start Secret Shoggoth III: Return of the Shoggoth and I have a question for the yoggies:

Do you think the gift price suggestion ought to be raised to $25USD or is $20USD working out fine? I know plenty of people ignore it entirely (Such as the gentelman and scholar who sent Secrets of LA and Mansions of Madness last year.) So I kind of think that $20 is fine but I'm not sure.

I am in favour of it being increased. Finding items within that $20 suggestion can be a little difficult for some people. I usually break the limit anyway, but this year I prepared by setting up a wishlist on Amazon of items that I would be more than happy to give.

jabonko

I'm fine with just about any money target set for Secret Shoggoth (unless it gets over the $40-50 range). Mostly because My goal is always to send something cool and fun, rather than fit a budget.

Pookie
...this year I prepared by setting up a wishlist on Amazon of items that I would be more than happy to give.

More like several wishlists...

Kinda Small List

Kinda erotic

More likely

More musically comic-y

Most comprehensive

More random

Might want to consolidate and delete redundant lists. :)

Well to be honest, those lists are more for my benefit than anyone else's. I use them as a means to note purchases for various reasons and persons, inlcuding myself, my partner, and my daughter. And the Secret Shoggoth list still fits under my criteria of having set up a list.

Oh, and going to look at that list would probably spoil any surprise were anyone to end up as my Secret Shoggoth.

swj719

I'm ok with an increase to $25US, but much more and I dunno...

Karloff

$25 is a reasonable tag.

It's not as bad as last year, when the US$ was in freefall; if I'd actually spent US$20 on a gift for someone in the UK, I think I'd have bought half a pair of socks.

Badger
$25 is a reasonable tag.

It's not as bad as last year, when the US$ was in freefall;

Now that everyone's currency is in the tank? ;)

I typically go over $20, but i think keeping it at that level for the more cash-strapped folks around here might be more fair.

-=badger

Karloff

Absolutely; and what a lovely tank it is. I can barely see the bottom . . . :D

It's the sort of thing that makes you glad you've got your health. *cough* *wheeze*

MrFilthyIke

I'm cool with $25.

I only hope my SS get me something as cool as my last one.

A Very Scary Solstice has gotten much play in my home...and

my wife is its biggest fan around here, oddly enough. :)

CAThompson

Maybe change it to $20-25 as a guideline? I think that many people already know what they're going to send (I do) and haven't thought about the price as much.

fleabane

Sounds a great idea - I'm happy with $25 - looking forward to taking part :D

Flea

lordof1

$25 fine with me! You can't put a price on eldritch horror. (Well, okay, you can, $25 in fact)

Kirche

$25 is OK with me :wink: