Sign in to follow this  
CAThompson

Secret Shoggoth II

CAThompson

We now have 27 people, more than last year. Yay us. Also, if you did PM me to sign up and don't see your name on the list (on page one here) please post something or PM me.

And the store's open again.

santathulhu-buy-from-lovecraftiana.jpg

Nemo235

I just sent a pm to be added to the list.

Happy Fthagn Holidays!!

:8E:

Badger

If it hasn't been mentioned already, it should be pointed out that you don't have to spend money to make your Secret Shoggoth happy. Handmade presents can be treasured just as much, if not more, than something bought at a store or online (as i can attest to, thanks to my SS making me a really cool Cthulhu statue last year :D).

-=badger

CAThompson

Yes, as I recall Homemade gifts are really cool and I promise not to rig the dicing so that jabonko is sending to me.

Nightbrother

I just joined the zany upcoming antics as well. :)

I`ll lock myself in the basement for 2 weeks and try not to sleep, and see what comes out of it, and that will be my gift. Huzzah!

But no, I`ll make my Shoggoth happy.

CAThompson

Look. Up there, it's The Wire. And it's coming down. The days to get in under it are running out. Are you in? Do you see your name on the list? Do you have that gift in mind? Are the copies of "Bermuda Triangle" and "Utatti Asfet" ready to ship?

MrFilthyIke
Are the copies of "Bermuda Triangle" and "Utatti Asfet" ready to ship?

As I don't own either, that actually wouldn't bother me too much. :lol:

Though there are a number of Monographs that are interesting, and I don't own any of those. :)

Lammomedes

I have a question...

Last year someone mentioned a homemade scenario as a potential gift. Everyone agrees homemade stuff can be quite spectacular, like props, tomes, etc.

What about a homemade, 25 person, 4 hour Cthulhu LARP? Would that be a potential cool Yithmass gift? All characters written out, all handouts and props ready to be printed out...would that be cool or overboard or not anyone's cup of tea?

Just curious more than anything.

Matt

Karloff

It's an interesting idea.

I can't help but wonder how useful it'd be, tho'. Speaking personally, I don't live anywhere near where people LARP (I find it hard enough getting a tabletop game together), and I can't imagine I'm the only one of us here in that situation.

Nightbrother

I think for someone who is LARP'ing, it would be an appropriate gift, certainly. If only you make sure that your beneficiary is interested in LARP and is an active practitioner, then I don't see anything in the way of you giving such a nice gift.

CAThompson

Well, with the deadline gnawing near, maybe it's time for people to post things they'd like to get, or things they're interested in, or just things they alreay have. As well as amazon.com wishlists or if they run LARPS and would like a nice Cthulhu LARP to run next con.

Lammomedes

I posted my comments about the LARP because as someone who pretty much has everything from Chaosium, Tome, Pagan, et all (I am pretty much a completist) I was trying to think of what to get someone else who might be in the same predicament.

As for my own interests, anything is fine (and there are a bunch of monographs I don't have if someone wanted to go that route) but then I am not that hard to shop for in the long run.

I suddenly have an idea for a cool "original" prop as a gift to send off myself to my secret Yithmassian (Yithmasser, Yithmassite, hmmmm). And it is not necessarily a LARP.

: )

Matt

Lammomedes

Deleted double post

MrFilthyIke

Well, who ever gets me has it easy.

Any Monographs (I own none).

Most adventures.

Any props.

Cthulhu "toys" (plushes, figs, etc).

Even if I get a dupe, I'm still happy.

But the MULA's are truly the safest bet. :)

jabonko

I can say truthfully that I'm not interested in a home-brew 25-person LARP scenario. I don't know enough people period, let alone enough people interested in the Mythos, or even tolerant of it, to get a game like that off the ground.

As for gift ideas for me?

Any CoC source-books (HPL's Arkham, Tales of Miskatonic Valley, Secrets of..., etc.) that aren't the New Orleans one (I have it) would be great.

Weird, horror, or mystery novels/short story collections are great.

Homemade stuff is awesome.

Anything from Lovecraftiana or Chaosium is good too.

Weird, eerie, music is also good.

Posting gift idea lists like this for what are - no offense - mostly complete strangers? That's a little weird.

Nightbrother

I'm probably not too hard to find a shoggothy gift for either, since:

I own no monographs (shame on me, I know)

I'll gleefully read practically all horror/creepy/scary fiction, new or old.

The adventures my old group owns are all stupendously old (and we only have very few), so any adventure would be a grand gift.

I love props and utilize them often, so anything in that department will be accepted with the greatest of thanks.

Failing other things, almost any sci-fi would be good too, despite its lack of Cthulhuity, but just saying in case my shoggoth is having trouble finding something.

As far as LARP's go, that sadly not something I can use at all. I own all novels by Lovecraft, Lumley (well, most of his stuff that I want to read), Poe, M.R. James, Caleb Carr (well, he wrote only two of note, pretty much) and numerous others, but given the amount of people who have written scary stories/novels, I should think that the possibility of finding something I don't have is pretty huge. ;) In any case, I'm be happy as pie just to be part of the Yuletide madness here.

I have the Call of Cthulhu movie (made by HPLHS) and zillions of other movies, so stearing clear of movies altogther would probably be a good bet.

Karloff

Well let me see . . .

It's safe to assume I have most of the older Cthulhu stuff but none of the newer, and none of the monographs. By 'older' I mean I haven't bought anything since Countdown.

I read almost everything (please, no Mills & Boon, I don't care if it does cause SAN loss IRL) and own a multiregional DVD player. However it's safe to assume I already have copies of Lovecraft's & Lieber's works, and I don't much care for Lumley.

I used to LARP but I don't any more (lack of opportunity) and doubt I ever will again.

Happy hunting! ;)

MrFilthyIke
Posting gift idea lists like this for what are - no offense - mostly complete strangers? That's a little weird.

I'd wager no one will think it weird you are posting what you'd like in what is essentially a Secret Santa list. Anywhere else, and you're being greedy. :wink:

johnnyhamper

Hi chaps,

this is the first time i have posted on this esteemed website after many months checking it out, listening to the podcasts and slowly getting back in to call of cthulhu after about ooooh, ten years away.

The idea of secret shoggoth is ace and i look forward to seeing how it all pans out.

as for pressie ideas for myself it should be pretty easy. Any CoC scenario or monograph books except the rule book, LA sourcebook, the LA detective agency one, Terror australis and Blood brothers would go down just great.

asking for pressies from people you dont know is a bit wierd. However if you dont do 'a bit wierd' what are you doing playing call of cthulhu?

Chin-chin, peace and merry christmas. :D

Pookie

For myself, my Secret Shoggoth would primarily consist of the newer Monographs. I pretty much have all of the older ones and almost everything for Call of Cthulhu.

So I would be interested in Night of the Kachina, Farewell My Sanity, or Dark Mirror. Anything odd or handmade might be interesting too... As would the Cthulhu dice.

For lulucthulhu... She might like the Cthulhu dice too or some fiction or a graphic novel. She might like something handmade too, but other than that, she is not intersted in having her own gaming material. (if in doubt, I can easily discuss suggestions.)

Kirche

As some one previously said this feels very strange

I’ve got MON,

Curse of Cthulhu.

Darkages

The pastores

Invictus

Unseen Masters

Any of these would be Cook!

Dark Mirror

Undying leaders

Fair well my sanity

The abbey

Raising Up

Miskatonic

Or homemade

Or…

anything is great really

K

Gol-Goroth

Here are some ideas for anyone who draws my name...

Monograph - Cthulhu Invictus (my old copy has just about had it).

The King In Yellow Expansion for Arkham Horror

At The Mountains of Madness CD from the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society

Prop-Fonts CD from the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society

Cathulu Knot or Aztec Cathulu Double-Sided Shot or Pint Glass from Sighco.com

Or whatever.

Nemo235

Dear Secret Shaggoth,

I have been somewhat good this year.

I would like something for the Call of Cthulhu game.

I only have one monograph, the Parapsychologist's Handbook.

A Cthulhu coffe mug would be cool...err...hot. I bleed coffee.

If you are really stuck for a gift idea, Chaos Bucks from Chaosium's website would be great.

You buy the Bucks, and e-mail me a code to claim them like a gift certificate. There's no shipping cost, and I can apply the Bucks to my next order. They have bucks for $13.00 and $6.66. Perfect.

Plus, if you enter the code: MERRY YITHMAS in the coupon block of your purchase, you will recieve 10% off. This code is usable twice per customer account this holiday season.

Thanks, and have a great holiday.

teke-Li-li !

Nemo235

P.S. - Please, no plushies.

CAThompson

Dear Santa Shoggoth, I have been a good little cultist all year and even drove an investigator nuts. Also your lap is bubbly and tried to eat me last time I sat on it.

I have most of the Cthulhu books, though not any monographs printed after Feb of this year and ordered a snazzy set of Q-Workshop dice, if they ever come in.

I'm about to run away to China so I can't carry much with me. I do however love Rooibos tea and things that teach me how to do things.