Publisher: Cubicle 7
Product Code: CB71208
Publishing Year: 2014
Cover Price: £16.99
Format(s): Softcover and PDF
The Laundry is a secret branch of the British Civil Service, dedicated to protecting the United Kingdom against Horrors from Beyond. In your time in the Laundry, you've seen your share of terrible, frightening documents: grimoires bound in human skin, soul-eating computer code, ISO9001 compliance assessments. None, though, are as terrifying as the thing sitting on your desk.
It's a plane ticket. The Laundry's budgets are more tightly bound than a summoned shoggoth. If they're paying for your flights, then something hellish is about to happen overseas, and you're in the firing line.
Unconventional Diplomacy features 6 sanity-challenging scenarios:
- THE SCRAMBLE FOR BURANDA (Hanrahan) – Three British aid workers vanish in Africa, right on the border of the isolationist nation of Buranda. Getting them home is your secondary objective. The primary mission is to clear up a very old loose end and recover the fabled Dagger of the Bloody Tongue – and avoid an international incident while doing so.
- CASE ARSON SPARKLEPONY (Graham) – Something weird is about to happen at the Burning Man festival, according to the precognitives over at Predictive Branch. That means, one, Predictive Branch is as much use as a chocolate heat sink on an over-clocked summoning grid, and two, it's time for a jaunt to the United States. Just try to stay out of the Black Chamber's unblinking gaze.
- LEGACY CODE (McGuffin) – In old institutions like the Laundry, you don't just get pilloried for your own mistakes. The errors and failures of all those who have gone before land on your desk. Some eldritch entity just filed the mother of all bug reports. Time for some tech support with extreme prejudice.
- POCKET FULL OF PRIAPUS (Mathews) – One of your co-workers ran into a spot of bother in France, and is currently sitting in a jail cell in Paris. For various reasons, this needs to be kept quiet and under the radar of our European Partners. Could you just pop over, clear his name and close his case for him, there's a good chap?
- DARKNESS BEYOND OUR WORLD (Nisbet) – Jeremy Walshe works for the Laundry. Jeremy Walshe was supposed to fly home from Washington today. He didn't get on the plane, and he's got a head full of secrets that need to be secured. Fly out, find him, and get him back to the UK before anything eats his brain. What can possibly go wrong?
- YE LIVELIEST AWFULNESS (Hanrahan) – Earlier this afternoon, the police helped eject a troublemaking nuisance from the US embassy in London. Crazy cranks are ten a penny these days, but three things about this guy stand out. First, he was raving about gods and monsters. Second, he vanished soon after being kicked out. And third, he said his name was Howard Philips Lovecraft...
Front Cover Text
For use with the Laundry RPG
Based on the 'Laundry Files' novels by Charles Stross
Back Cover Text
List all the text on the back cover.
Comments / Trivia
List dedication, color plates, rarity of the book, etc.
Link to outside reviews
- [Link 1]
- [Link 2]
Spoilers - Keepers Eyes Only
Players should not read any further.
Comment here to Keepers about this book. Comments on specific Scenarios and Campaigns go on their respective pages. Keep DISCUSSION on the talk page.