Difference between revisions of "The Complete Chronicles of Conan"
m (Page created.)
m (Page created.)
Latest revision as of 21:42, 20 October 2018
Title: The Complete Chronicles of Conan (Centenary Edition 2006)
ISBN: 9780575077669 (hardcover), 9780575077805 (softcover)
Page Count: 944
Author(s): Robert E. Howard
Artist(s): Les Edwards
Fiction: (see contents, below)
Non-Fiction: Afterward by Stephen Jones
Conan the Cimmerian: the boy-thief who became a mercenary, who fought and loved his way across fabled lands to become King of Aquilonia. Neither supernatural fiends nor demonic sorcery could oppose the barbarian warrior as he wielded his mighty sword and dispatched his enemies to a bloody doom on the battlefields of the legendary Hyborian age. Collected here in the chronological order they were first published are Robert E. Howard's definitive stories of Conan, exactly as he wrote them. A foreword and afterword by Stephen Jones provide a biography of Howard along with a comprehensive overview of his writing and background on the world of pulp fiction. World Fantasy Award-nominee Les Edwards contributes a black and white frontispiece, along with a gold embossed work on the leather-style cover, while Hugo Award- and Bram Stoker Award-winning editor and author Stephen Jones provides an insightful afterword.
- "The Hyborean Age (essay)"
- "Cimmeria (verse)"
- "The Phoenix on the Sword (fiction)"
- "The Scarlet Citidel (fiction)"
- "The Tower of the Elephant (fiction)"
- "Black Collossus (fiction)"
- "The Slithering Shadow (fiction)"
- "The Pool of the Black One (fiction)"
- "Rogues in the House (fiction)"
- "Shadows in the Moonlight (fiction)"
- "Queen of the Black Coast (fiction)"
- "The Devil in Iron (fiction)"
- "The People of the Black Circle (fiction)"
- "A Witch Shall Be Born (fiction)"
- "Jewels of Gwahlur (fiction)"
- "Beyond the Black River (fiction)"
- "Shadows in Zamboula (fiction)"
- "Red Nails (fiction)"
- "The Hour of the Dragon (verse)"
- "The Hour of the Dragon (fiction)"
- "The God in the Bowl (fiction)"
- "The Black Stranger (fiction)"
- "The Frost-Giant's Daughter (fiction)"
- "Drums of Tombalku (draft)"
- "The Vale of Lost Women (fiction)"
- "Wolves Beyond the Border (draft)"
- "The Snout in the Dark (draft)"
- "The Hall of the Dead (synopsis)"
- "The Hand of Nergal (fragment)"
- "Notes on the Various Peoples of the Hyborean Age (essay)"
- Afterward: Robert E. Howard and Conan by Stephen Jones
Comments / Trivia
Any factual trivia or comments go here.
- Dedication: "In memory of Karl Edward Wagner who began the project more than a quarter of a century ago, and L. Sprague de Camp for keeping the Hyborean Age alive."
Link to outside reviews or helpful pages.
- [Link 1]
- [Link 2]