Re-Animator, the Musical (2010 film)
A stage reading of RE-ANIMATOR: THE MUSICAL... "She's Dead Dan, and Dead is Dead!" Recorded live at the Steve Allen Theater in Hollywood California.
- Release Date: 2010
- Country/Language: US, English
- Genres/Technical: Comedy, Horror, Science Fiction, Musical, Documentary
- Runtime: 1 hr 30 min
- Starring: Chris NcKenna, Sarah Glendening, William Atherton, Graham Skipper
- Director: Stuart Gordon
- Writer: Mark Nutter
- Producer/Production Co: Stuart Gordon
- Rated: (not rated) (?)
A rough measure of how "Lovecraftian" the work is:
- SSS__ (Three Tentacles: Lovecraftian)
Apparently, this is about as "Lovecraftian" as a musical parody of a loose adaptation of a Lovecraft story can get....
Note: This rating is not intended as a measure of quality, merely of how closely related to Lovecraftian "Weird" fiction the work is.
- (review needed)
Spoiler Section (Highlight to Read)
Medical student Herbert West develops a glowing green serum that brings the dead back to life to catastrophic results. After the mysterious death of his mentor Dr. Gruber in Switzerland, West transfers to Miskatonic University in Arkham, Mass. to continue his studies. West enlists his roommate Dan Cain to help him with his experiments, much to the chagrin of Dan's fiancée Megan Halsey, daughter of the dean of the medical school. Dr. Carl Hill tries to steal the re-agent and West beheads him and then brings him back to life.
Comments, Trivia, Dedication
- Similar to Evil Dead: The Musical, fans can enjoy the "splatter zone" — the first three rows of the theater where patrons can count on a good blood-soaking.
- Stuart Gordon was partially inspired by the movie-to-musical adaptation Little Shop of Horrors.
Associated Mythos Elements
- TO DO
- fiction: "Herbert West - Reanimator (fiction)"
- film: Re-Animator (1985 franchise)
- other: compare to Little Shop of Horrors (1986) and Evil Dead (the Musical)
- character: Herbert West
- race: Deadites