Puddles Become Lakes
Author(s): Matthew Dawkins
Appears in: World War Cthulhu: Cold War - Covert Actions
A routine, if unpleasant mission to silence a nosy journalist proves more complicated than first thought.
Spoilers - Keepers Eyes Only
Players should not read any further.
The scenario starts with our investigators in a mission to silence a journalist that knows too much about secret operations. Further investigations unravel that the journalist source - a Yithian she met a few months earlier - sends her the information through her dreams, not without a sanity cost. She is planning to expose two compromised peers within United Kingdom's House of Lords, and while one of them is really sending information to the soviets, the other one is secretly a Brother of the Yellow Sign leaking names of high-ranking officials susceptible to the influence of Hastur. Investigators must avoid the disturbance of SIS operations by the soviets while caught up in a war between greater powers.
- A handwritten letter addressed to Billie Fanmoore;
- Baroness Beech and Lord McKillop photos;
- A drawing picturing Lord Hovenham and Viscount Goodjohn;
- Pages from Goodjohn’s Diary;
- A photo of delegates attending the Nuclear Non-Proliferation summit;
- Raffle ticket;
- Letter from Godfrey Appleby;
- A photo of Emily Macarthur and friends;
- Ticket for the Open Championship.
- London, England;
- Hemel Hempstead, England;
- Longforgan, Scotland;
- St. Andrews, Scotland.
Creatures: Great Race of Yith
Tomes and Artifacts: Revelations of Hali.
The scenario contains two new spells:
- Pnakotus Quills, which if successful dissolves the victim in thousands of little needles, each of them carrying his/her sentience;
- Enslavement of the Icterus, which forces a human into physical degradation and mental slavery to the Yellow Sign.