Of Evill Sorceries Done in New-England of Daemons in no Humane Shape
Origin: Title from a fragment written by H.P. Lovecraft, used by August Derleth in composing Lurker at the Threshold
Of Evill Sorceries Done in New-England of Daemons in no Humane Shape; English.
- Fiction: Lurker at the Threshold
- Ambrose Dewart found a partially legible, handwritten copy of a portion of this document in Billington House. The fragment relates rumors that Richard Billington had called up a daemon named Ossadagowah at a ring of stones near New Dunwich.
- Misquamacus, an "ancient wonder-worker of the Wampanaug Indians", teaches "Sorceries" to Richard Billington and imprisons Ossadagowah, a spawn of Tsathoggua, in a ring of stones.
- In the early years of the Plymouth Colony, Richard Billington set up “a great Ring of Stones” where he said “Prayers to ye Devil” and “sung certain Rites of Magick abominable by Scripture”. After a series of mysterious deaths were linked to him, he disappeared, and was “eaten up by what he had call’d out of ye Sky.”
- Call of Cthulhu Scenario: The Ilsley Variant
- Call of Cthulhu Scenario: The Horror on Old Hill (Scenario)
- CoC Miskatonic University (Supplement)
- The sourcebook makes the connection that the anonymous work was at the hand of Abijiah Hoadley, the preacher at Dunwich who vanished a while back.
Rumors and Speculations
- Should be covering various supernatural occurences along the Miskatonic River valley, focusing on Dunwich and Arkham.
- In a tome about "evil sorceries" in New England, I'd imagine witch trials would be an appropriate subject to reference.