Difference between revisions of "Millennium (1996 series)"
m (Added illustration.)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
[[File:Millennium 1996series.jpg|thumb||right|Promotional image for ''Millennium (1996 series)''...]]
Revision as of 08:36, 18 December 2016
"Wait. Worry. Who cares? The time is near. This is who we are. He sees what the killer sees; his curse is your salvation." A former FBI profiler with the ability to look inside the mind of a killer begins working for the mysterious Millennium Group.
- Release Date: 1996-1999
- Country/Language: US, English
- Genres/Technical: Crime, Mystery, Horror, Fantasy
- Starring: Lance Henriksen, Megan Gallagher, Brittany Tiplady, Terry O'Quinn, Bill Smitrovich, Stephen J. Lang, Kristen Cloke, Klea Scott, Peter Outerbridge
- Creator: Chris Carter
- Producer/Production Co: 20th Century Fox Television, Ten Thirteen Productions
- View Trailer: (link)
- Rated: TV-MA (Violence, Profanity, Adult Content)
A rough measure of how "Lovecraftian" the work is:
- S____ (One Tentacle: Debateably Lovecraftian; has almost no direct connection to Lovecraft's work)
This series never makes any explicit connections to Lovecraft's fiction, though the apocalyptic themes (compare series slogan "the time is near" to "the stars are right"), the various doomsday cultists and killers, the secret society of supernatural investigators, and supernatural elements seem to be a natural fit for a modern take on Lovecraft (e.g., Delta Green).
Note: This rating is not intended as a measure of quality, merely of how closely related to Lovecraftian "Weird" fiction the work is.
- (review needed)
Former FBI agent Frank Black tries to stem the tide of violent crime through psychological means. Even though he blames the mysterious Millennium Group, an organization of former law-enforcement officers dedicated to battling crime as the millennium approaches, for the death of his wife, he joins the group in their fight against a conspiracy of seemingly supernatural forces of evil.
Comments, Trivia, Dedication
Associated Mythos Elements
- TO DO
- setting: Cthulhupunk
- setting: Delta Green
- organization: Millennium Group
- character: Lucy Butler (a demonic shape-shifter)
- race: assorted demonic and angelic beings