Lovecraft: Fear of the Unknown (2008 film)
- Release Date: 2008
- Country/Language: US, English
- Genres/Technical: documentary
- Setting: (documentary)
- Runtime: 1 hr 30 min
- Starring: Robin Atkin Downes (Narrator), Neil Gaiman, Peter Straub, Guillermo del Toro, Ramsey Campbell, Stuart Gordon, Caitlin R. Kiernan, S.T. Joshi, John Carpenter, Robert M. Price, Andrew Migliore
- Director: Frank H. Woodward
- Writer: Frank H. Woodward
- Producer/Production Co: Wyrd
- View Trailer: (link)
- IMDB Page: (link)
- Rated: (not rated) (probably equivalent to a G or PG with some mild adult themes handled in a documentary manner)
A rough measure of how "Lovecraftian" the work is:
- SSS__ (Three Tentacles: Lovecraftian, was probably written by Lovecraft himself.)
Not really "Lovecraftian" in the sense that a fictional horror movie might be, but still of documentary interest to Lovecraft fans.
Note: This rating is not intended as a measure of quality, merely of how closely related to Lovecraftian "Weird" fiction the work is.
- (review needed)
Spoiler Section (Highlight to Read)
In typical documentary fashion, noted writers, film-makers, biographers, and historians are interviewed about Lovecraft; the documentary also seems to include some reenactments of scenes from Lovecraft's life.
Comments, Trivia, Dedication
Associated Mythos Elements
- TO DO