Dirt Dauber (2009 short)
A man awakens naked and confused in some ruins near a fish hatchery; after finding some clothing elsewhere in the ruins, he finds a strange local willing to give him a ride to the site of events relating to strange local folklore, and together they descend into the darkness of an ominous tunnel.
- Release Date: 2009
- Country/Language: US, English
- Genres/Technical: Horror, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Art/Experimental, short, black-and-white, some animation
- Runtime: 35 min
- Starring: Lyon Forrest Hill, Lee O. Smith
- Director: Steve Daniels
- Writer: Steve Daniels, David Jack Daniels
- Producer/Production Co: ?
- View Trailer: (link)
- IMDB Page: (link)
- Rated: (not rated) (equivalent of a PG or PG-13 for Violence, Profanity, brief Nudity)
A rough measure of how "Lovecraftian" the work is:
- SSs__ (Two and a Half Tentacles: Almost Lovecraftian)
The short name-drops "The Thing With a Thousand Young", and at least hints at other elements of the "Cthulhu mythos".
Note: This rating is not intended as a measure of quality, merely of how closely related to Lovecraftian "Weird" fiction the work is.
- (review needed)
Spoiler Section (Highlight to Read)
In this disturbing Lovecraftian fairytale, a man awakes naked and confused in an isolated mountainous region. He soon encounters a strange local who offers to help him. The stranger recounts local folklore that speaks of a murderous religious cult, and an insect-like fertility god that is said to dwell deep within the mountain. The two men go underground in search of the truth and soon find themselves in a stygian black temple of horror.
Comments, Trivia, Dedication
Associated Mythos Elements
- TO DO