Cthulhu Live: Player's Companion
Publisher: Fantasy Flight Games
Product Code: 0006
Publishing Year: 2000
Cover Price: $19.95
Author(s): Robert "Mac" McLaughlin, Greg Agostini, Richard Bennett, Giles Blackmore, Russ Charles, Steven Dustin, John Fair-Holton, Michael Garrett, Mike Goodman, James Holloway, Eamon Honan, Gavin Hutchinson, Paul Michael Janousek, Christian Matzke, Julia McLaughlin, Philip Salmon, Jason Sullivan, Michael J. Teegarden
Artist(s): Brian Schomburg (cover)
CTHULHU LIVE: PLAYER'S COMPANION features articles on roleplaying, Mythos Cults, Mythos magic, real-time combat, props and costumes, and campaigns.
The book is divided into chapters:
- Chapter One: Roleplaying,
- Chapter Two: Mythos Cults,
- Chapter Three: Mythos Magic,
- Chapter Four: Real-Time Combat,
- Chapter Five: Props and Costumes,
- Chapter Six: Campaigns.
Front Cover Text
Advanced Roleplaying and Stagecraft for Live-Action Horror Games
Back Cover Text
Prepare to take your Cthulhu Live events and campaigns to the next level! The third supplement for CTHULHU LIVE SECOND EDITION, the PLAYER'S COMPANION gives Keepers and players alike everything they need to expand and enrich their live-action horror roleplaying games. From prop building and costuming to new rules for character creation and live-action combat, the PLAYER'S COMPANION will help you transform you [sic] CTHULHU LIVE games into exciting and memorable special events.
The PLAYER'S COMPANION features:
- Live-action roleplaying tips and guidelines
- Character advantages and disadvantages
- Powers and limitations of revenant transmogrifications
- A fast-and-furious Real-Time Combat system
- Information on the vintage clothing of the early 20th century
- Tips for creating police and military uniforms
- Guidelines for creating and applying stage makeup, from zombies to ghouls
- Information on prop building, from firearms to Mythos books and tomes
- Tips for creating creature effects, from huge monsters to disembodied spirits
- Detailed guidelines for organizing and running ongoing Cthulhu Live campaigns
WARNING: This book is intended for a mature audience. It contains violent and occult themes inappropriate for young readers. Cthulhu Live is a theater-gaming experience. Stories, events, actions, and suggestions in this book are for entertainment only.
Delta Green is TM and © the Delta Green Partnership
Published by FANTASY FLIGHT GAMES Under License from Chaosium, Inc.
Comments / Trivia
This book is the third supplement for Cthulhu Live Second Edition.
Spoilers - Keepers Eyes Only
Players should not read any further.
Comment here to Keepers about this book. Comments on specific Scenarios and Campaigns go on their respective pages. Keep DISCUSSION on the talk page.