"Four-Tentacle Media" - media that has been roughly rated 4/5 "tentacles" on a scale of how "Lovecraftian" it is.
Four tentacles generally indicates that these films were based on Lovecraft stories, and include most of the elements expected for a perfectly "Lovecraftian" film - the right mood/atmosphere, bizarre monsters, references to Lovecraft's unique pantheon of bizarre alien gods or freakish inhuman races or sinister occult tomes or imaginary New England cities, etc.
Four-tentacle films are usually close, but not perfect adaptations of Lovecraft's stories, but sometimes are close adaptations of atypical Lovecraft stories.
The number of tentacles is not an indication of quality - these are not necessarily good films - but these films are a good place to look if you are curious about what a fairly accurate Lovecraft adaptation looks like.
Pages in category "Film:Four-Tentacle Media"
The following 39 pages are in this category, out of 39 total.
- Die Musik des Erich Zann (2005 short)
- The Music of Erica Zann (2002 short)
- The Music of Erich Zann (2008 short)
- The Music of Erich Zann (2009 short, Langeberg)
- The Music of Erich Zann (2009 short, Skolnick)
- The Music of Erich Zann (2010 short)
- The Music of Erich Zann (2011 short, Chase)
- The Music of Erich Zann (2011 short, Zika)
- The Music of Erich Zann (2014 short)
- The Music of Erika Zann (2014 short)