Trail of Cthulhu Player’s Guide
Publisher: Pelgrane Press
Product Code: PELGT03
Publishing Year: 2007
Cover Price: $10.95 (PDF price)
Author(s): Kenneth Hite
Artist(s): Jérôme Huguenin
Format(s): Softcover (?) and PDF
The Trail of Cthulhu Player’s Guide is all the player’s stuff from GUMSHOE Trail of Cthulhu, including the complete Trail GUMSHOE system, character creation, equipment lists, player tips and forms.
You uncover mysteries in dusty libraries and bloody crime scenes. You walk the mean streets of Chicago or hack through the jungles of the South Pacific. You battle vile cults, or recoil in terror at the alien enormities they worship. You follow the clues wherever they lead, whatever the cost in life or sanity. But do you dare to follow...
Trail of Cthulhu is a game of investigative horror set in the 1930s based on the work of HP Lovecraft. The game uses an adpated and enlarged version of GUMSHOE system which offers a laser-like focus on investigation, with characters driven to explore and investigate, even at the expense of their own health and sanity.
Using the revolutionary GUMSHOE investigative roleplaying system, this game features:
- Sanity which measures your blissful ignorance of the true nature of reality, and Stability which defines how robust your mental health is.
- Investigative abilities such as Cop Talk, Interrogation and Occult which help you find the awful crypt, and maybe even tell you what you might find there.
- Drives such as In the Blood and Arrogance to get your character into that crypt at night.
- General skills such as Sense Trouble, Filch and Scuffling to get you out again.
- Tips for players and the complete GUMSHOE system
Note: The Trail of Cthulhu Player's guide is a subset of Trail of Cthulhu.
Front Cover Text
Based on the GUMSHOE System by Robin D. Laws
Back Cover Text
List all the text on the back cover.
Comments / Trivia
List dedication, color plates, rarity of the book, etc.
Spoilers - Keepers Eyes Only
Players should not read any further.
Comment here to Keepers about this book. Comments on specific Scenarios and Campaigns go on their respective pages. Keep DISCUSSION on the talk page.