The Apparition (2012 film)
"Once you believe it's real, you die." A couple is haunted by a supernatural presence that is unleashed during a college experiment.
- Release Date: 2012
- Country/Language: US, English
- Genres/Technical: Horror, Thriller
- Runtime: 1 hr 22 min
- Starring: Ashley Greene, Sebastian Stan, Tom Felton
- Director: Todd Lincoln
- Writer: Todd Lincoln
- Producer/Production Co: Warner Bros., Dark Castle Entertainment, StudioCanal
- View Trailer: (link)
- TVTropes: (link)
- IMDB Page: (link)
- Rated: PG-13 (Violence, Profanity, Adult Content)
A rough measure of how "Lovecraftian" the work is:
- S____ (One Tentacle: Debateably Lovecraftian; has almost no direct connection to Lovecraft's work)
Not very "Lovecraftian" at all, though the concept behind the scientific experiment (that hauntings are not caused by ghosts, but by some sort of construct of the human imagination called from outside the universe and given form) could perhaps be adapted into a Call of Cthulhu adventure.
Note: This rating is not intended as a measure of quality, merely of how closely related to Lovecraftian "Weird" fiction the work is.
- (review needed)
Spoiler Section (Highlight to Read)
A couple is haunted by a supernatural presence that is unleashed during a college experiment.
Comments, Trivia, Dedication
Associated Mythos Elements
- TO DO
- The investigators are called in to clean up a mess left by a team of previous paranormal investigators whose experiments have allowed an "apparition" (Dimensional Shambler, Hound of Tindalos, etc.) from outside of the known universe to cross over into this one to haunt innocent people and feed on their terror.