She Waits (1972 film)
A murdered woman seeks revenge, possesses her husband's new wife.
- Release Date: 1972
- Country/Language: US, English
- Genres/Technical: Horror, Crime, Mystery, Drama, made-for-TV
- Setting: 1970s USA
- Runtime: 1 hr 14 min
- Starring: Patty Duke, David McCallum, Dorothy McGuire
- Director: Delbert Mann
- Writer: Art Wallace
- Producer/Production Co: Metromedia Producers Corporation (MPC)
- IMDB Page: (link)
- Rated: not rated (Equivalent to a TV-PG or TV-G)
A rough measure of how "Lovecraftian" the work is:
- S____ (One and Tentacle: Barely Lovecraftian; debateably Lovecraftian, could be a very loose, uncredited adaptation)
Think of it as a sort of a serial-numbers-filed-off "Case of Charles Dexter Ward", but not quite.
Note: This rating is not intended as a measure of quality, merely of how closely related to Lovecraftian "Weird" fiction the work is.
- Review by Dave Sindelar at Fantastic Movie Musings and Ramblings (Link) - "The acting is adequate but far from inspired, and the direction isn't particularly strong."
Spoiler Section (Highlight to Read)
A rich man's second wife is possessed by his murdered first wife.
Comments, Trivia, Dedication
Associated Mythos Elements
- race: Ghost