Necronomicon – The Book of Hell (2018 film)
Necronomicón: El libro del infierno, AKA Necronomicon - The Book of Hell (2018 film)
"Some books were not meant to be read." The mysterious death of the ageless protector of a cursed book hidden in the Argentine National Library leads a librarian to an apocalyptic confrontation with an eldritch evil in the dying city.
- Release Date: 2018
- Country/Language: Argentina, Spanish
- Genres/Technical: Horror, Thriller, foreign language
- Setting: Modern Argentina
- Runtime: 1 hr 30 min
- Starring: Diego Velázquez, María Laura Cali, Daniel Fanego
- Director: Marcelo Schapces
- Writer: Ricardo Romero, Luciano Saracino, Marcelo Schapces
- Producer/Production Co: INCAA, Primer Plano, Barakacine
- View Trailer: (link)
- IMDB Page: (link)
- Rated: not rated (probably the standard Violence, Nudity, Adult Content, and Profanity for the genre)
A rough measure of how "Lovecraftian" the work is:
- SSS__ (Three Tentacles: Lovecraftian, was perhaps written by Lovecraft himself.)
I've not seen the film, but based on the trailer, it looks like a pastiche on Lovecraftian themes, rather than a direct adaptation of a specific story.
Note: This rating is not intended as a measure of quality, merely of how closely related to Lovecraftian "Weird" fiction the work is.
- (review needed)
Spoiler Section (Highlight to Read)
The mysterious death of the ageless protector of a cursed book hidden in the Argentine National Library leads a librarian to an apocalyptic confrontation with an eldritch evil in the dying city.
Comments, Trivia, Dedication
Associated Mythos Elements
- The investigators are in a race against time and the forces of the Mythos after a copy of the Necronomicon disappears following the mysterious death of the ageless librarian cultist who protected the cursed book.