Judas Ghost (2013 film)
"Watch. Learn. Don't have nightmares." A team of professional ghost finders are trapped in an old village hall. The haunting they set out to investigate turns out to be far worse than they anticipated. Who will survive and what will be left of their souls?
- Release Date: 2013
- Country/Language: UK, English
- Setting: Modern UK ("Cthulhu BERG")
- Genres/Technical: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Horror
- Runtime: 1 hr 15 min
- Starring: Martin Delaney, Lucy Cudden, Simon Merrells
- Director: Simon Pearce
- Writer: Simon R. Green
- Producer/Production Co: Falling Shadows Productions
- IMDB Page: (link)
- TVTropes: (link)
- Film Website: (link)
- View Trailer: (link)
- Rated: (not rated) (perhaps equivalent to a PG-13 for Violence and Profanity?)
A rough measure of how "Lovecraftian" the work is:
- Ss___ (One and a Half Tentacles: Debateably Lovecraftian; little direct connection to Lovecraft's work)
I've not seen this, but it does seem to have taken at least a token inspiration from Lovecraft influence William Hope Hodgson's "Carnacki the Ghost-Finder" stories (the ghost-hunters work for the "Carnacki Institute", and use a similar mix of cutting-edge science and the ancient occult in their ghost-hunting techniques).
Note: This rating is not intended as a measure of quality, merely of how closely related to Lovecraftian "Weird" fiction the work is.
- Lizzie Duncan at Horror News dotnet, (link) - "...As far as low budget, independent horror films go, this one raises the bar in the level of quality which can be produced, and could possibly even give some heavily financed, heavily star-filled movies a run for their money...."
Spoiler Section (Highlight to Read)
A team of professional ghost finders are trapped in an old village hall. The haunting they set out to investigate turns out to be far worse than they anticipated. Who will survive and what will be left of their souls?
Comments, Trivia, Dedication
- The title "Judas Ghost" is derived from the term "Judas goat" for a goat that is used to lead other goats peacefully to the slaughter.
Associated Mythos Elements
- TO DO
- organization: Carnacki Institute
- fiction: Simon R. Green's "Ghost Finder" stories
- fiction: inspired by William Hope Hodgson's "Carnacki the Ghost-Finder" stories
- race: "Beasts"
- location: The Other Side