Hero Wars is the name for the fantasy Role-Playing Game published by Issaries, Inc.
Like RuneQuest, Hero Wars is set in the world of Glorantha but the rules system is designed for more epic games; there is no real relationship between the RuneQuest game and Hero Wars except for the setting of Glorantha.
Hero Wars used an innovative resolution system capable of fufilling either simulationist or narrativist play with no modification. Some players found the abstraction of the system problematic, while others have found it to have been a better match for the mythic vision of Glorantha.
The first-edition core books were riddled with errors as this book was rushed in order to avoid its publishing company from going bust.
As of 2002 the line has expanded to
- Hero Wars: Roleplaying in Glorantha, containing the core rules.
- Narrator's Book, containing advanced rules and sample adventures.
- Glorantha: Introduction to the Hero Wars, world background (with no game rules whatsoever)
- Anaxial's Roster, rules and myths for all sorts of creatures and races.
- Thunder Rebels and Storm Tribe, two books describing the Heortling barbarians' culture for players and narrators.
- Barbarian Adventures and Orlanth is Dead, two adventure books for Heortling rebels against the Lunar Empire.
Original Wiki source: Wikipedia