El Monstro Del Mar (2010 film)
El Mostro del Mar! (2010), AKA Monstro!
"Killer vixens VS the creature from the deep!!! They were told never to go into the water... now the water will rise in a sea of blood!" Three killer vixens hang-out at a seaside cabin and in the meantime have to do battle with a the locals and a deadly creature from the deep.
- Release Date: 2010
- Country/Language: Australia, English
- Genres/Technical: Horror, Action, Comedy, exploitation
- Setting: Modern(?) Australian coast
- Runtime: 1 hr 15 min
- Starring: Norman Yemm, Nelli Scarlet, Kyrié Nunan-Jackson
- Director: Stuart Simpson
- Writer: Stuart Simpson
- Producer/Production Co: Lost Art Films
- View Trailer: (link) (NSFW)
- Rated: (not rated) (expect the equivalent of a PG-13 or R for Violence, Profanity, Adult Content, Nudity, etc.)
A rough measure of how "Lovecraftian" the work is:
- S____ (One Tentacle: Debateably Lovecraftian; has almost no direct connection to Lovecraft's work)
I've never seen this, but at a glance it looks like the "Lovecraftian" aspects of this film would be limited mostly to the presence of a Tentacle Monster; consciously filmed in a "grindhouse" style, it can be thought of as "Faster, Pussycat! Kill Kill!, with tentacles!"
Note: This rating is not intended as a measure of quality, merely of how closely related to Lovecraftian "Weird" fiction the work is.
- (review needed0
Spoiler Section (Highlight to Read)
Three killer vixens hang-out at a seaside cabin and in the meantime have to do battle with a the locals and a deadly creature from the deep.
Comments, Trivia, Dedication
Associated Mythos Elements
- TO DO
- race: Tentacle Monster