Delta Green: Targets of Opportunity
Publisher: Pagan Publishing
Product Code: 2108
Publishing Year: 2010
Cover Price: $39.95
Artist(s): Todd Shearer
Format(s): Hardcover and PDF
This book is the most recent addition to Pagan Publishing's line of Delta Green sourcebooks. Like previous books it aims to expand the Delta Green universe through the addition of new conpiracies or potential adversaries.
The book is organised into sections as follows:
- Black Cod Island
- The Haida People
- Black Cod Island
- Black Cod Island and the Outside World
- The Truth
- The Children of the Fish-Wife
- Suspicions Aroused and Silenced
- The Lodge House
- The Deep Ones
- Investigations of Black Cod Island
- Those In the Know
- The Discipels of the Worm
- What the Literature Can Tell an Investigator
- What Delta Green Knows
- The Life Cycle of the Worms
- The True History of the Disciples of the Worms
- The Disciples of the Worm Today
- Sisyphus, Mythos Style
- PharMethuselah, Inc.
- End Games and Double Crosses
- Important Individuals: The Disciples of the Worm
- The DeMonte Clan
- Cultes des Goules
- Tainted Roots of a Twisted Tree
- Enter Delta Green
- Armageddon in the Crescent City
- Important Individuals: The DeMonte Clan
- Origins and First Contact
- World War One and the RCMP
- World War Two and Detachment M
- The Cold War
- A Broader Picture
- Continued Operations
- Going Underground
- M-EPIC Today
- The Environmental Policy Impact Commission
- M-EPIC and the Major Players
- Important Individuals: M-EPIC Staff
- Important Individuals: M-EPIC Adversaries
- Agencies: Canada
- The Cult of Transcendence
- Looking Up At Those Who Look Beyond
- On The Verge of Transcendence: The Masters, The House, The Bishops
- Interlude: The Donnerkvist Dossier
- The See of Hate
- The See of Flesh
- The See of Fear
- The See of Greed
- Stimulus: Response
- Rules Cheat Sheet
Unlike many previous Delta Green sourcebooks, in which the collected Appendices made up more than half the book, the five included in this volume only make up approximately 30 pages. They primarily concentrate on rules additions and more general source material. The five appendices are:
- Appendix A: Combat Options
- Appendix B: Stress Disorders
- Appendix C: Background Options
- Appendix D: Forensic DNA Analysis
- Appendix E: Running Delta Green
Scenarios: The book contains no scenarios as such, but describes many locations and characters in equivalent detail to that found in many adventures. Additionally notes are given as to "entry point" which could be used to involve an Investigator team.
Front Cover Text
A Call of Cthulhu Sourcebook of Modern Horror and Conspiracy From Pagan Publishing
"Not of flesh nor blood nor bone, they are the very darkness that we fear."
Back Cover Text
The Apocalypse Is Here
The men and women of Delta Green have pursued alien threats and SUPERNATURAL HORRORS around the globe. They think they're saving the world from horrific evil. But are they just saving it for something worse?
DELTA GREEN: TARGETS OF OPPORTUNITY is a conglomeration of evils, many of them whispered in hints and rumors since the earliest days of Delta Green.
- Black Cod Island: An inhuman menace rises from the frigid waters of southern Alaska. Three hundred years ago the Haida Indians fought to stamp it out. They failed. Can Delta Green fare any better?
- M-EPIC: A top-secret Canadian agency with a nationwide charter. Few of its members know its long history of using supernatural methods to battle the supernatural itself. Even fewer comprehend the terrible consequences that they face.
- Disciples of the Worm: Humanity has always quested for a means to defeat death. For some, it's an all-consuming obsession. For Delta Green, a loathsome 25-year-old case still demands an answer to a crucial question: When immortality is at hand, exactly what price is too high?
- The DeMonte Clan: Hurricane Katrina was one of the most devastating storms ever to strike the United States. It ravaged New Orleans and left the proud city a flooded wreck. For its victims, Katrina was an unspeakable tragedy. For Delta Green, Katrina was a chance to strike at a long-festering horror. The target is an old and influential family whose people are something other than human, who see New Orleans' plight as an opportunity of their own -- and who have become quite skilled at destroying merely human enemies.
- The Cult of Transcendence: For centuries a cult of Nyarlathotep, the mind and soul of the Outer Gods, has conspired to change the world from behind the scenes, spreading its influence into the halls of power. Today its goals are more subtle and sinister than ever, guessed only vaguely even by its loyalest adherents. It may be the deadliest threat Delta Green has ever faced.
- Plus: A wealth of tools to add depth and horror to your Delta Green games: Combat Options, Stress Disorders, Background Options, DNA Analysis, and tips for Running Delta Green.
Published by Pagan Publishing
Developed by Arc Dream Publishing
Licensed by Chaosium, Inc.
Comments / Trivia
Dedication: to Mark W. McFadden -- Navy man, philosopher, martial artist, hacker, Lizard King, Delta Green Friendly
Playtesters: Christopher Smith Adair, William Bargo, Tim Betz, Matt Cowger, David Farnell, Allan Goodall, Jason Graham, Graham Kinniburgh, Carl-Niclas Odenbring, Robert J. Parker, Ross Payton, Keith Potter, Jean Rolfe And Paul Tucker
Much of the material presented in this book was written many years prior to its publication (as early as 1995). Kenneth Hite's Dubious Shards contains a scenario originally planned to go (presumaby with the material published in this book) into a sourcebook dedicated solely to the Cult of Transcendence. Hite notes in his book that permission was sought from Pagan for him to publish the scenario independently, due to "the length of time since its submission" in 1998.
Spoilers - Keepers Eyes Only
Players should not read any further.
Comment here to Keepers about this book. Comments on specific Scenarios and Campaigns go on their respective pages. Keep DISCUSSION on the talk page.