Publisher: Catalyst Game Labs
Product Code: 23300
Publishing Year: 2009
Cover Price: $39.99
Artist(s): Leanne Buckley (cover), Jonas Andreassen, Felicia Cano, Zachary Graves, David Hammond, Daniel Han, Louis Holsten, Moy Shin Hung, Alex Iglesias, Jonny Klein, Sean McMurchy, Silver Saaremael, David Smit, Eduardo Tadem, Mike Vaillancourt, Shane Watson
Book Type: Story Book
Format(s): Hardcover and PDF
- Fiction: Progenitor, Martyr, Savior: Part I
- Fiction: More Rainy Days
- Chapter One: Welcome
- Fiction: Red Carpet Affair
- Chapter Two: Little Things
- Fiction: My Last Flight
- Chapter Three: Dark Storm Rising
- Fiction: Worries
- Chapter Four: Deadly Currents
- Fiction: Bad and Wrong
- Chapter Five: Mom’s Coming to Visit
- Fiction: Temporary Setback
- Chapter Six: More Bad News
- Chapter Seven: Appendices
Front Cover Text
No Additional Text.
Back Cover Text
It's a Question of Perspective
Time waits for no one. The Disciples of the Rapine Storm throw themselves with renewed fervor against the beleaguered troops holding the lines of the East. The New Earth Government desperately searches for a plan to drive the alien insects from their last bastion of safety. Deep within the dark places something ancient and primal stirs, ready to gift the world with its unspeakable presence once again. And somewhere, the children of the fish-god find lost things that were better left lost.
This is how the end begins. Welcome to 2086.
Discover new breakthroughs that might give humanity a much needed edge – but at what cost? Suffer a plague of street crime, eroding the places where people once felt safe. Watch in shock at the lengths the Nazzadi are willing to go to police their own kind. And quietly, something new is born within the darkest pits of the Chrysalis Corporation. Explore a year in the Strange Aeon or lose yourself in the lies and pretend it isn’t happening.
Nowhere else will you find a setting like this.
Inside this book you will find:
- a continuing detailed exploration of the Aeon War, detailing the important events of 2086 and everything that goes with them.
- seven pieces of provocative short fiction to help portray the feel of the setting, including a four-page comic.
- a look at pop culture in the Strange Aeon, to add more unique flavor to your game.
- an exploration of four smaller year-long plots that can be used in any game, with suggestions on how to weave them into your existing story.
- a detailed look at four major areas of the overarcing CthulhuTech storyline, including the war against the Disciples of the Rapine Storm in China, the continuing quest of the Esoteric Order of Dagon to find their lost city, the Eldritch Society’s investigation into the Chrysalis Corporation’s plans in the Pacific Northwest, and the Migou’s invasion of North America.
- ready-to-run stories for each major storyline that put your Characters front and center for the biggest action in the setting.
- the option to play as one of three powerful new professions within the secret New Earth Government agency known only as Special Services.
This book is meant to be used with the CthulhuTech storytelling game and requires the Core Book.
For Mature Audiences Only
This book is intended for mature readers. It contains dark and disturbing content and images. Reader discretion is advised.
Comments / Trivia
List dedication, color plates, rarity of the book, etc.
Spoilers - Keepers Eyes Only
Players should not read any further.
Comment here to Keepers about this book. Comments on specific Scenarios and Campaigns go on their respective pages. Keep DISCUSSION on the talk page.