CthulhuTech Core Book
Publisher: Mongoose Publishing (Wildfire)
Product Code: 6107
Publishing Year: 2007
Cover Price: $49.95
Artist(s): Mike Vaillancourt (cover & interior), Trevor Claxton (cover & interior), Sriram Bhat, Davi Blight, Whit Brachna, Troy Galluzzi, Jacob Hallstrom, Brandon Leach, Christian MacNevin, Marco Nelor, Joe Suitor, Ed Tadem, Matias Tapia, Chee Ming Wong, Yi-Piao Yeoh, Jen Zee
Book Type: Core Rules
Format(s): Hardcover and PDF
This book is the core rulebook and setting book for the CthulhuTech Roleplaying Game.
- Fiction: Mismatched
- Fiction: Aeon War Syndrome
- Chapter One: Welcome
- Chapter Two That Was Then, This Is Now (Setting)
- Fiction: Do Your Part
- Chapter Three The Art of the Game (Introduction)
- Chapter Four Framewerk (Game Rules)
- Chapter Five Alter Ego (Characters)
- Chapter Six Skillz
- Chapter Seven Qualities
- Chapter Eight The Way of the Future (Technology)
- Chapter Nine Life, Death, & Madness (Conflict Rules)
- Fiction: Reunion
- Chapter Ten The New War Machine (Mecha)
- Fiction: Questionable Merchandise
- Chapter Eleven Blasphemous Whispers (Magic)
- Fiction: Dead Things
- Chapter Twelve Unspeakable Horrors (Creatures)
- Fiction: Seattle Drivers
- Chapter Thirteen Vehicular Homicide (Vehicles)
- Fiction: Deep Learning
- Chapter Fourteen Parting the Veil (Secrets)
- Chapter Fifteen The Honored Guide (Storyguiding)
- Chapter Sixteen The Population (Supporting Cast)
- Fiction: Your GNN News Broadcast
- Chapter Seventeen War, Fear, & Vendetta (Stories)
- Chapter Eighteen Appendices
<needs additional information about the various different editions and printings this book has gone through>
For Mature Audiences Only
This book is intended for mature readers. It contains dark and disturbing content and images. Reader discretion is advised.
Front Cover Text
No Additional Text
Back Cover Text
The Last War
2085. Humanity faces extinction. Alien insects from the edge of our solar system, long hidden behind the façade of reality, descend to enslave us. Hordes of unspeakable horrors roll out from Central Asia, laying waste to anything in their path. The church of the fish-god scours the world for lost occult secrets to unleash terrible forces. Dead gods awaken and turn their dreadful eyes toward the Earth. And within hides a cancer, eating away at the very heart of the New Earth Government.
This is the Aeon War. This is the time of CthulhuTech.
Climb inside a thirty-foot tall war machine and rain down hell on the unwavering Migou. Fight tooth and nail on the front lines against the horrific beasts of the Rapine Storm. Seek out the disgusting corruption of the insidious Esoteric Order of Dagon. Explore the dark world of the malignant Chrysalis Corporation and their unseen monstrous agents. Sift through secrets long thought lost and bend the power of the cosmos to your will. Join in symbiosis with something beyond time and space and become a shape-shifting bringer of wrath.
Nowhere else will you find a setting like this.
Inside this book you will find:
- a complete history and detailed exploration of the world of the Aeon War, so that you can start a game right away.
- nine pieces of provocative short fiction to help portray the feel of the setting.
- the innovative Framewerk system. Not only cinematic, Framewerk puts control back where it belongs – in your hands.
- the option to play a hardy and resourceful 21st century Human or join the fight as a night-skinned genetically-engineered Nazzadi.
- the option to play as one of seven professions, including Arcanotechnicians, who meld technology and magic into a unique discipline, Engel Pilots, who join in communion with gigantic arcane cyborgs, Occult Scholars, who delve into the mysteries of the universe and harness its power for themselves, or the mysterious alien shape-shifting Tagers.
- a unique ritual-based magic system, simulating dark and painstaking universe channeling power, including two dozen mind-wrenching spells.
- more than 30 unique machines of death, including the bug-like Migou mecha, the rough and tumble mecha of the New Earth Government, and the monstrous bio-organic Engels.
- more than 20 unspeakable horrors, including the terrible hordes of the Rapine Storm and the monstrous servants of the Chrysalis Corporation.
- a secret history of the world for Storyguides, including an exploration of dead gods, lost races, and forgotten places.
- story starters and hooks, to get you into a game now.
CthulhuTech is a complete, self-contained storytelling game. All you need besides this book are five to ten 10-sided dice.
Comments / Trivia
Playtesters: Aron Anderson, Devin Binger, Hsin Hong Chen, Alex Chobot, Brad Elliott, Sylvia Erickson, Blake Fabian, J Kovach, Bill Morse, Tom Norman, Jennifer Roberts, Ean Sager, Jim Wong, the rest of the Dreaming Seattle crew (Brian, Chris, Mark, Raven)
Spoilers - Keepers Eyes Only
Players should not read any further.
Comment here to Keepers about this book. Comments on specific Scenarios and Campaigns go on their respective pages. Keep DISCUSSION on the talk page.