22 replies to this topic

#21 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,505 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:58 PM

Well, we've run the PW box for a couple of weeks and the return was an average of 5 cents/day. Considering some of the issues we've experienced and the case that Project Wonderful primarily seems to deal with web comics, I think we'll convert the box to other more directly related purposes.

In the first instance, to point to Allicorn's new MP3 album In Remote Places since he kindly supported us through the PW system and we played one of the pieces (Celaeno) at the end of Yog Radio #19.

Paul

"Never be cruel, never be cowardly. Remember – hate is always foolish and love is always wise. Always try to be nice and never fail to be kind."

– Doctor Who

#22 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,505 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:53 PM

We've installed a new banner ads system and are seeing how that goes.

While this one is also run through Google syndication, the content of the ad displays are handled by E. P. Healy over at Kobold Quarterly advertising, so hopefully they will be much more relevant than the sometimes very strange adverts we had displayed by Google before! (Though it looks like we will still get some of those.)

As I understand it potential revenue is generated by either impressions or click-throughs (depending on the advertiser).

While it's running, the site banner ads that were up at the top, I'll re-configure through the 'Arkham Advertiser' block.

- and so our journey through advertising takes a new turn; strange can be the ways of the web.

Cheers,

Paul

"Never be cruel, never be cowardly. Remember – hate is always foolish and love is always wise. Always try to be nice and never fail to be kind."

– Doctor Who

#23 ephealy

ephealy

Master

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:52 AM

It'll take a little bit for Google to learn what type of content is on YSDC. It shouldn't take too long, though.

Funny story: When Gnome Stew first ran ads, they kept getting garden gnomes. :)
My name is Ed Healy and I am the Gamerati