Photo
- - - - -

Media (now Community) Patron Scheme

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#21 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,685 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 12:22 AM

As I've mentioned before, there was extremely little cut from the Masks audio. Due to local disk space considerations the original raw files no longer exist, just the finalised high quality 'masters' and their lower bit-rate siblings. I don't recall cutting any particularly 'naughty bits' by Claire, still now it's a moot point. RPGMP3 may better suit your needs for completely unfettered gaming audio, pretty much "record & go"!

Paul

YSDC Players' Directory

Over 1,500 Players Worldwide

#22 swj719

swj719

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 04:11 AM

As I've mentioned before, there was extremely little cut from the Masks audio. Due to local disk space considerations the original raw files no longer exist, just the finalised high quality 'masters' and their lower bit-rate siblings. I don't recall cutting any particularly 'naughty bits' by Claire, still now it's a moot point. RPGMP3 may better suit your needs for completely unfettered gaming audio, pretty much "record & go"!

Paul

Mentioned before?

Hmmmmm... This is why ADD is a killer... Such little things as "stuff you have told me before" go in one ear, and out the other... I need to start taking notes or something...

And you know full good and well I'm a patron of rpgmp3... Silly Paul... :)

#23 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,685 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 12:00 PM

I think RPGMP3 has some pretty exciting plans for next year onwards after Hal & Lindsay have settled in in Texas, so keep an eye out!

Paul

YSDC Players' Directory

#24 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,685 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:17 PM

As you may have noticed, we've changed the Patron title from 'Media Patron' to 'Community Patron'. The reasons being as follows.

Since our big server move last year, resources for bandwidth and storage are now less of an issue, however the overall cost of running the site as a whole is. (As we're now on a dedicated server). Patron subscriptions are now doing their part to help support the YSDC community as a whole (as well as the Bradford Players for the odd bit of food or stationery - some of the bits of food are very odd...).

So the change of emphasis is that Patrons help support the site in toto rather than just media delivery. It may be a subtle change, but one we thought worth noting.

Hope this makes sense.

Many thanks,

Paul

YSDC Players' Directory

#25 Shathis

Shathis

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:08 PM

As you may have noticed, we've changed the Patron title from 'Media Patron' to 'Community Patron'. The reasons being as follows.

Since our big server move last year, resources for bandwidth and storage are now less of an issue, however the overall cost of running the site as a whole is. (As we're now on a dedicated server). Patron subscriptions are now doing their part to help support the YSDC community as a whole (as well as the Bradford Players for the odd bit of food or stationery - some of the bits of food are very odd...).

So the change of emphasis is that Patrons help support the site in toto rather than just media delivery. It may be a subtle change, but one we thought worth noting.

Hope this makes sense.

Many thanks,

Paul

Does that in any way change the fact that patrons are allowed more, earlier and different access than other patrons? Meaning, will there be any slowdown in the neat little extras patrons get such as Keep on the Borderlands, etc?

#26 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,685 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 04:31 PM

Patrons still get access to extras (as described above) but their speed of delivery cannot (easily) be predicted. The change of emphasis is more along the lines of a "Thank you for supporting olde yoggie through your subscription".

The slight change I think is important enough to warrant the title alteration.

Cheers,

Paul

YSDC Players' Directory

#27 Fu_Manchu

Fu_Manchu

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:53 PM

Well, if anyone's reading this and wondering if the "extras" you get make subscription worth while.

They do.

Plus, it's only $15 a quarter. That's only one less heavy lunch per year.

Go on, sign up. You know you want to.

#28 MikeC

MikeC

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:50 AM

Well, if anyone's reading this and wondering if the "extras" you get make subscription worth while.

They do.

Plus, it's only $15 a quarter. That's only one less heavy lunch per year.

Go on, sign up. You know you want to.

Yes..... FU_Manchu is...... right.....

There is nothing more fulfilling than a Media -

<*Mike winces as if being shocked with a cattleprod*>

Community Patronship for YSDC.

Now with free drool cup!

In all seriousness: If you can scrape it together to become
one, do so. It's pretty straightfoward via PayPal, and frankly
even apart from the wealth of additional audio and other
files, I think I like the ringtone package best.

MikeC

#29 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,685 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:59 PM

Now with free drool cup!

Actually, we're still working on the drool cups, we haven't quite got the harnesses right... :8E:

Paul

YSDC Players' Directory