Photo
- - - - -

A 'hi all', and something about the upcoming BS's, WW II

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 gnome

gnome

Neophyte

• 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 08:10 AM

Hi all...

Am I really the first here???

Some questions:

- Will every BS cover a specific topic (Eg Pisces-England), or will there be BS's with a more mixed content (Ã* la TUO) as well?? (Personally I really like the One Topic BS-format... Just like to know.)

- Some people on the DGML/dgl and the dgww2-list have done some great work on setting DG and CoC in WW2. Too bad it seems that this won't see print for quite a while...
As I think that's a pity, maybe the BS could be a great medium to spread this material (and more).

Can anyone shed some light on this?

#2 Robbie

Robbie

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 09:02 AM

I can't comment on the Black Seal's futurer work, but talking of the work that has been done on DG WW2, the DELTA GREEN: 1939-1945 site has slightlymoved from http://www.mindsprin.../23skiddoo.html to http://www.mindsprin...ogic/deltagreen.

Well worth a check out if you haven't visited lately?
Robbie

#3 Nick_B

Nick_B

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 11:47 AM

<<Am I really the first here???>>

You even beat the staff.

First off, hats off to Paul Maclean for allowing us to squat on his site and my sincerest compliments on the nifty re-design of Yog-Sothoth.com.

And now for the Public:

<<Will every BS cover a specific topic (Eg Pisces-England), or will there be BS's with a more mixed content (à la TUO) as well?? (Personally I really like the One Topic BS-format... Just like to know.)>>

I think you'll find most issues are going to have some kind of theme or focus, although in some cases it'll be narrower than in others. #4 for instance, will almost exclusively be about providing source material for running campaigns set during the Vietnam conflict. #3 OTOH, is tentatively entitled 'Strange People and Stranger Places', and will be rather vaguely geared towards getting PCs 'off the beaten track'. Exotic locales. Oddball situations. Bizarre sexual deviants. That sort of thing.

As for DGWW2, well, as you may already know, many of the principle architects of that project are also involved with TBS in some way (Adam and me obviously, and DGWW2 webmaster Gil Trevizo has a truly incredible article scheduled for publication in #4). Consequently, I consider it a near certainty that there'll be a TBS issue focusing on WW2 in the future, either tied in to the release of Pagan's OUR DARKEST HOUR, or, should that book fail to materialise, as a 'replacement' of sorts to it.

In any case, hanging around here is probably your best bet for gleaning gossip about future TBSs...

#4 Black-Seal-Editor

Black-Seal-Editor

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 01:21 PM

Thanks for your enquiries Gnome.

First I'll do the intros. Nick_B is Nick Brownlow, co-editor, font of reasoned judgement and word smith extradinaire. Black-Seal-Editor is Adam Crossingham, founding editor of the Black Seal.

Will every BS cover a specific topic (Eg Pisces-England), or will there be BS's with a more mixed content (à la TUO) as well?? (Personally I really like the One Topic BS-format... Just like to know.)

Nick's pretty much answered that question. The next two issues are as he says. After that we're flexible. We've had ideas for an all French issue, an America-as-viewed-by-foreigners issue, etc, etc.

Some people on the DGML/dgl and the dgww2-list have done some great work on setting DG and CoC in WW2. Too bad it seems that this won't see print for quite a while...
As I think that's a pity, maybe the BS could be a great medium to spread this material (and more).

I don't want to talk about this too publicy as Pagan haven't annouced the project officially but one of the reasons that DGWW2 hasn't developed as much as it could have is because the principal movers (mostly named by Nick) are developing material for ODH. As a result of this Nick is correct in surmising that there will be a TBS WW2 special issue around the same time as ODH.

webmaster Gil Trevizo has a truly incredible article scheduled for publication in #4

I have to second this. When I read Gil's draft manuscript I was blown away. It's truly one of the most complete and horrifying description of a Mythos sub-race I've ever read. It puts the subject in an entirely new light as well as tripling what we knew about them in the first place.

I want to get TBS#3 published as quickly as possible so I can get to work on TBS#4 so Gil's work sees the light of day as quickly as possible.
Adam Crossingham
Publisher & Editor-in-Chief
Sixtystone Press Limited

#5 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,409 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 07:30 PM

First off, hats off to Paul Maclean for allowing us to squat on his site and my sincerest compliments on the nifty re-design of Yog-Sothoth.com.

You're most welcome & thank you! It's great to have the TBS Team here.

The future issues sound rather excellent and seem to be developing at quite a pace!

Paul

#6 furrylogic

furrylogic

Neophyte

• 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 11:28 PM

- Some people on the DGML/dgl and the dgww2-list have done some great work on setting DG and CoC in WW2. Too bad it seems that this won't see print for quite a while...

Can anyone shed some light on this?

There have been a plethora of ideas that have been developed for Our Darkest Hour, but based on the preliminary outline, there won't be enough space in the pagecount to accomodate all of them. This means that several ideas will be left on the cutting room floor, and, unless a command decision is made to either get them out through The Unspeakable Oath or by a website, then the most likely avenue will be through TBS. However, I must emphasize that most of these items are ideas - the real issue is whether or not they will be developed beyond that.

FWIW I'm working on a pre-WWII scenario involving Yithian mind-transfer and an alternate-history Germany where the Nazis won the war through the efforts of the Karotechia, set in Oklahoma in late August 1939. I'm designing it as an introductory scenario for Keepers looking to start a WWII-era campaign. While I haven't spoken about it with the TBS staff, I'm thinking of submitting it there after it's finished. My goal is to have it ready by ConQuest in the Bay Area, which is on Labor Day.

Gil Trevizo
furrylogic@mindspring.com

#7 gnome

gnome

Neophyte

• 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 09:04 AM

OK, this post is not meant to get some 'inside scoop', you don't need to tell me/us anything you don't want to... But please understand I'm a 'bit' enthousiastic about this all...
Bear with me for a sec.

I really like the work that has been done for DG in the WW2 era, and I'd love to start playing games in this setting.
It's rather cool to see the org in a whole different structure and 'atmosphere', compared to the conspiracy feel and the (almost terroristic) cell-based organisational structure from the current DG-setting.

Anyway, 'some' time ago the dgww2-group appeared, and there was quite some support for the idea of setting our beloved conspirators in a WW2-setting. Eventually there was even talk of it seeing print as/ in ODH, and I was glad that all these cool ideas would get organised in a big hefty tomb of Very Usuable Information.

But then... it appeared as there were some troubles getting the stuff done, and it became rather silent about the whole subject...

And now I hear some positive sounds again :D

"So tell me doctor, will it live?"

Sincerely,
your confused

.gnome.
(Probably this all is hush hush, and in the best conspiracy style I'll get assassinated for this question by trained Mythos Killer Penguin Shoggoths...
But hey, I 've got to try 8) )

#8 Nick_B

Nick_B

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 11:11 AM

"So tell me doctor, will it live?"

Unfortunately, I don't really think I can go into any more detail than Adam and Gil already have done. Basically, we're working on developing material for ODH which will hopefully one day see the light of day, published through Pagan.

Be patient. Be vigilant. We'll let you know when something concrete happens.

Obviously, we've got to play our cards close to our chests where the DGWW2 group/website is concerned; this doesn't mean of course, that the 200+ list members can't continue to use it as a forum for DGWW2 related discussion.