I am happy to announce, after a long wait, that Arkham Gazette #2 is now available (in PDF only currently).
Welcome to Innsmouth! Rumors have long swirled around the place, ever since a plague is said to have carried off so many of the town's residents in the 1840s. Fallen into disrepair and decay, most locals shun the town and its unwholesome-looking inhabitant. We've elected to brave Joe Sargents' bus and dive deep into the mysteries and dangerous secrets that, dare we say, cast a shadow over the place.
This issue includes the following eighteen articles:
- Shadows of Polynesia: Obed Marsh and his crew brought many things back from that island east of Tahiti...
- Locations in Greater Innsmouth: Three new locations for Innsmouth.
- The Wreck of the Elizabeth Wright: A new location outside of Innsmouth with connection to the town.
- Innsmouth’s Burying Grounds: A deep examination of the many cemeteries in and near Innsmouth.
- On the name “Dagon”: Where did this name come from? Why did Obed Marsh use it? What does that imply?
- “The marine abyss beyond Devil Reef”: Bathography versus Lovecraft!
- Edward Morse: A real-world scholar who might be of interest to your investigators.
- The Isle of Shoals and Other Innsmouth Inspiration: Real-world places that have some parallel to Innsmouth - the Isles of Shoals, Matinicus Island and the Malaga Island community.
- The Sacred Cod: Why is there a carved fish idol in the Massachusetts State House?
- The Hymnal of the Esoteric Order of Dagon: A new tome extolling the greatest of Innsmouth's new faith.
- The Ponape Scripture: An in-depth exploration of this tome of occult oceanic lore created by Lin Carter.
- The Feejee Mermaid: P.T. Barnum's dubious mummified "mermaid"; real-world history and occult (and Mythos) options.
- Innsmouth Curios: 8 Weird artifacts investigators can discover.
- Innsmouth Gold: All about Innsmouth's most notable export.
- Cancelled Innsmouth Books: A discussion of two cancelled books Chaosium was once planning related to Innsmouth - the Innsmouth Horror and Children of the Deep.
- A Guide to Newburyport: An extended description of the town that inspired Innsmouth and how you can use it in your Lovecraft Country games.
- “Drawn from the Water”: A Kingsport artist has gone missing and the investigators must follow his trail. Dark secrets lurk in the waters just off shore...
- Annotated list of Innsmouth scenarios: Notes for the Keeper on all 14 of the Innsmouth-connected scenarios that we can locate in Lovecraft Country as well as a list of every Deep One scenario we can find.
The issue was written for the 6th edition of the Call of Cthulhu rules (and might be the last thing ever released as such since it was grandfathered in - Thanks Chaosium!) but a separate PDF with 7th Edition conversion notes is forthcoming as is a separate PDF for all the handouts. A print on demand option will be available in the near term.
The price for the PDF of the issue is $12 for 117 pages of Innsmouth horrors of all types. Buy it now before the Deep Ones rise up to destroy us all.