Photo
- - - - -

Ladybug, Ladybug, Fly Away Home - Keeper Advice?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spookymizu

spookymizu

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:26 AM

Greetings Fiends,

I'm looking at starting up Ladybug in a week and a half, and was looking to see if anybody has any advice.  While it looks like it going to be a blast to run, it also looks to be pretty dense.  I'm going to sit down and do a detailed timeline to help sort things out.

I'm giving some strong consideration in using the campaign additions from the Kickstarter pdfs.  Has anybody tried out the GNS links?  It seems like it would add some fun nuances to the investigators.

Do you think it would run well with five to six investigators?

Any other advice?

Thanks in advance!

With ghoulish delight, I am

Spooky Mizu

#2 neorxnawang

neorxnawang

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:56 AM

Good luck Spookymizu. There is a lot going on, and the way I meant it to be run is with the players as the muckraking news crew, shadowing and getting in the way of the FBI task force. It can run with 5 or 6 investigators. Think about it like an episode of Criminal Minds with a task-specializing team if they are FBI, or a news crew with specific jobs (producer, reporter, camera, sound) if they are the news crew. I keep saying I need to stat out the Criminal Minds team (minus Garcia, because she's a total deus ex machina).

If you have specific questions post them here and I'll answer them. But generally, a timeline is a good idea, and think through where each of the staged Biblical events is supposed to happen

Jeff Moeller

#3 LarsKjaer

LarsKjaer

Master

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:25 AM

My FBI team had a blast: the whole case culminated when one of the agents chose to shoot the girl in order to make sure the 'angel' didn't get her. We've since been doing a lot with the effects his action has had on himself and his relationship with the other agents (for instance the atmosphere when he visited one of his fellow angels (a family man) at home...) Great scenario.

#4 spookymizu

spookymizu

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 06:42 AM

Wow!  Thank you, both LarsKjaer and neorxnawang. 

I appreciate the tips and confirmations.

Looks like two weeks until I start.  I want the extra time to be able to a GNS orientation with each of the players individually.  Hah!  Should be a hoot!

If I have any more questions, I'll add them to this thread.

Domo,

Spooky Mizu