#1 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,688 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:38 PM

nameless Logo

In the summer of 2017 we released our *entire* back catalogue of recorded Call of Cthulhu games, free, for everyone, forever. We also promised something more in the future and that's what's happening now with our tabletop games. After some 15 years of recorded roleplaying we're trying something different, our own adventures (mostly), using our own system(ish).

nameless

nameless is a very simple, rules-lite Lovecraftian RPG system that uses six-sided dice or coins as the primary resolution mechanic. Basic character creation is quick and flexible with an emphasis on the game at the table (rather than the game in a rulebook).

nameless 000: Character Creation
Last Updated 15 Dec 2017 01:41 PM

As of writing the nameless system is in alpha, but if you're a Patron of Yog-Sothoth you can hear the recordings of game play as they happen at our table ("warts and all"). The focus is on the...

Spoiler

Scenarios

Our first outing is with a newly created adventure, Stepping Stone, set in the British Isles in 1917 and run by me. The full recording of Stepping Stone (along with associated media files) is available exclusively to Patrons.

If you're a site supporter, pick them up now, and look out for further adventures in the new and coming years...

Released in binaural surround sound evolved from an Ambisonic master.

YSDC Players' Directory

Over 1,500 Players Worldwide

#2 dce

dce

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:17 PM

Hi Paul,

Great news about "nameless" -- are you folks planning on releasing the rules themselves? If so, under what license?

Long may the Lovecraftian antics continue from that cursed table.

Dean (from Adelaide)

FREE high-quality Call of Cthulhu scenarios in PDF: cthulhureborn.wordpress.com

#3 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,688 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:30 PM

Thank you!

I've no firm plans for release at the moment. The system is still under development and will likely end up in just private circulation.

YSDC Players' Directory

#4 tjgreenway

tjgreenway

Master

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:10 AM

Exciting times, and just the nudge I think I needed to see me sign up as a Patron for the New Year!

#5 CthulhuBob

CthulhuBob

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMissoula, Montana

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:39 AM

My tentacles quiver in slimy anticipation. I very much hope to have a copy of the rules.

IƤ!
MisCon 31, 26th-29th of May, 2017
www.miscon.org

#6 Mograg

Mograg

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

Hi Paul,

Could you share details about your new 'Nameless' rpg system with we forum lurkers?  Will it eventually be formalized for distribution or sale?  

Curious minds want to know!  

Cheers,

- Brian C.

#7 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,688 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:41 PM

Hi Brian, thanks for the interest!

There has been some information about it in a few of our podcasts previously (News from Pnakotus and The Cthulhu Breakfast Club) and there is a dedicated thread for nameless in The Silver Lodge - which is where more details will appear as it develops.

I can say that we're currently having a rather jolly time with it. :-)

YSDC Players' Directory

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Podcast, YSDC Studio, Publisher, Jazz Age, Press Release