I'd like to introduce myself before I will ask anything: my name is Karol, I play roleplaying games from back when I was 13 years old.
I had to move to a much bigger City searching for job, future and maybe love. I also found new friends and Players who love rpg's and mythos just like me. We finished the first chapter of my D&D camping set in Eberron but now I have bought books for Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition - which are very rare in my country.
I talked with them and they were delighted to know that soon we will descend into madness and horror with Call of Cthulhu.
Our goal: Victorian Era - London 1888, the year of Jack the Ripper, opium dealers and The Star newspaper.
They are so hooked that after our game we sat till 3 am in the morning talking about ideas for their investigators.
No one knows who plays who in the end and so we have:
- Romanian Bojar - a member of the eastern European aristocracy who's family is cursed and in possesion of three pages of English copy of Necronomicon (John Dee).
- Chinese Immigrant - who runs his own Tea shop in London, but under the shop is located an opium drug hole.
- Indian Carriage Driver - who is a war veteran and came to London looking for a better future, he deals opium too.
- a mental asylum doctor - who is so mentally unstable that he belives he is a sorcerer, also knows much about the occult.
- A private detective - who is also veteran.
I already thought about connections between investigators: The Romanian heard something about "insane sorcerer" living in London (thats our asylum doctor) and will try asking him about his copy of Necronomicon.
Both opium dealers know eachother and run business together and are hunted by our detective.
Our detective and carriage driver served in the Sikkim Expedition where the man from India betrayed his unit and fought with detective - leaving him for certain death.
No one knows who plays who and How the characters are connected. But I do not have an interesting plot or scenerio to run. We are aiming in the mystery and investigation themes with mythos barely peeking out of the corner. They are present but far more powerful and far beyond imagination of our investigators.
Could you please help me out brainstorming ideas or plot hooks? I dont want to dissapoint them. Also only two of them had played Call of Cthulhu before.
Thank you in advance, have a nice Day!