3 replies to this topic

#1 EihortBroodling

EihortBroodling

Master

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:58 AM

I'm still hunting for a cheap copy of this book.

Vague hints I've seen about ''the Forks'' intrigue me. Can anyone provide a summary? 

#2 yronimoswhateley

yronimoswhateley

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationDunwich, Maryland

Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:11 PM

I'm afraid I've never had any contact with this scenario and didn't know much about it, so I can't answer the question for certain, but, if it helps, the YSDC wiki has a description of the campaign and links to reviews and descriptions of its scenarios:  (link)

There are also at least a couple descriptions in the YSDC forums that might or might not clarify things:  (link), and especially (link) and its replies.

Reading between the lines, I get the impression that "the Forks"...

Spoiler

"I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time." - Blaise Pascal

#3 mvincent

mvincent

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:17 PM

Can anyone provide a summary? 

The Forks is a group of hobos (and others that have sworn off material wealth) based in the California bay area and organized around a seemingly wise child in the late 80's. Mostly Harmless... though a mob of homeless people brandishing silverware and shouting "Forks, Forks Forks!" can be intimidating.

Edited by mvincent, 04 December 2017 - 07:24 PM.

#4 EihortBroodling

EihortBroodling

Master

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:29 PM

The Forks is a group of hobos (and others that have sworn off material wealth) based in the California bay area and organized around a seemingly wise child in the late 80's. Mostly Harmless... though a mob of homeless people brandishing silverware and shouting "Forks, Forks Forks!" can be intimidating.

Hobos...

I might rework the concept for a 1920s game. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Modern