#21 talleryrand

talleryrand

Master

• Patron
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:21 AM

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

I would greatly appreciate some downloadable Audio stuff from  HP Lovecraft Historical Society's Dark Adventure Radio series.

(See http://www.hplhs.org )

I already have The Dunwich Horror, The Shadow Over Innsmouth , The Shadow Out of Time, and  The Brotherhood of the Beast.

A copy of  The Dreams in the Witch House, or The Case of Charles Dexter Ward, or The Shadow Out of Time would be great. Just the downloadable MP3 file versions not the CD versions etc.

Also keep an eye out for the Thanksgiving Black Friday discounts that may occur at that site during Thurs 23 - Mon 27th November.

Otherwise ebooks are always good value, or surprise me with something from left field (over by the byakhee...)

Regards, Talleryrand (yes I know it is misspelt).

Oh and Happy Festivus!

#22 joerg73

joerg73

Master

• Patron Ultra
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:01 AM

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

taking part in this christulhu tradition for the first time, I'm really looking forward to how it turns out!

I'm a collector of all Cthulhu related role-playing stuff and have a lot of the usual suspects already, so I put together a small list of PDFs I'm still looking for on DriveThruRPG: https://goo.gl/e7WM37

If you want to surprise me with a book or PDF I might not even heard about, here's my RPGGeek collection to check if I have gotten it already: https://rpggeek.com/...pe=rpgitem&ff=1

I also like hand-made stuff, so if you have something like that in store - surprise me.

Besides Cthulhu related things, my other hobbies include baking (and eating said baked goods), so I like sweet stuff as well.

So thank you in advance and I wish a Merry Christmas!

Joerg

#23 Judgetrev

Judgetrev

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:30 PM

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

I assume that we share similar interests. I can't think of anything specific. Just get something that you would rather keep than send to me!

I have the 2 movies made by the HPLHS, and the Brotherhood of the Beast audio drama, plus what you see here.

Have a great Holiday and thank you,

Trev

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20171122_061352200_LL.jpg

#24 Munchezuma

Munchezuma

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationLemont, Pennsylvania

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:05 PM

Hello fellow shoggoths!

I do have an amazon wishlist which can be found here: 

https://www.amazon.c...s_z2AfAbE4QGNYA if that would be helpful to you. I am fine with most anything though, especially books, recordings from HPLHS, or various trinkets and art. I also do love dice - the more the merrier!

Happy Secret Shoggoth to everyone!

#25 Aklo

Aklo

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:52 PM

They who are secret, and mustn't be named,

I am a constant Keeper, with a multitude of macabre tastes, though I have most of the published scenarios I need besides those listed here: https://www.amazon.c...ishlist_lists_2

I'm also a big fan of any kind of odd or creepily effective cinema, and a true believer in the Twin Peaks franchise if that gives you any ideas. Hand crafted, store bought, or handily summoned from the depths, I submit to whatever you decide

Merry Yithmas, in advance!

The Optimist in me says we live in the best of all possible worlds...The Pessimist in me believes this is true.

#26 AdamAlexander

AdamAlexander

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:03 PM

Hello Secret Shoggoth! I’m happy with pretty much anything, but I already own all CoC 7th books and duplicates of some, so you might want to steer away from those. Looking forward to whatever you send.

Merry Yithmas!
Adam

Edited by AdamAlexander, 27 November 2017 - 12:04 PM.

#27 fluffy

fluffy

Breakfast Clubber

• Innsmouth House Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:01 PM

Dear Secret Shoggoth,

I have been very squamous all year and fully deserve your sending me that which is due.

I love hand maid, sorry made, things.

A nice story or goings on at your gaming table would be nice.

I am not a very girly cultist so dolls, even with pins in are right out.

Foul fiends may be acceptable, as long as there are binding and dispelling instructions as well.

Last year you sent me a box, if you must do that again please let me know in advance to keep it closed unless I actually need a hound of Tindaloss to guard me. It was difficult to explain what happened at the family party to the police.

A nice comestible of the region you are dwelling in at the moment would be awesome, be aware that the post office reserve the right to refuse things that smell too bad or are on fire.

That's about it.

Hugs and ftathgn

Always carry a sturdy safety pin

#28 AdamAlexander

AdamAlexander

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:44 PM

Thanks, Secret Shoggoth! I will wait to open this on Yithmas.

Attached Thumbnails

• B0BDC7E9-57D3-4796-BFD8-696A286A1B9D.jpeg

Edited by AdamAlexander, 29 November 2017 - 09:45 PM.

#29 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,409 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:37 PM

A quick note about an unexpected issue:

A couple of years ago the HPLHS started up their own festive mystery gift exchange, also called "Secret Shoggoth", all well-and-good except we have since discovered that as some generous folks now take part in both (and with both events having the same name), when a gift arrives that says "From your Secret Shoggoth" or similar, the recipient doesn't know if it's from their YSDC or HPLHS sender (and so where to send appropriate thanks).

Due to the current potential for confusion, if you haven't already sent your gift this year, adding "YSDC Secret Shoggoth" or "Secret Shoggoth XII" etc. would greatly help in alleviating any confusion. I've dropped the HPLHS a note about it as well.

Again, an issue we hadn't anticipated!

#30 carpocratian

carpocratian

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:40 AM

Secret Shoggoth o' mine;

I'm easy.  I have the 7th edition rules, but none of the other things that have come out for that edition.  I love handmade things, decorations, and just about anything else.  I'm just excited to be participating.

Thanks!

#31 FreddieF

FreddieF

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDurham, UK

Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:08 PM

Flurries of snow and a gift from my Secret Shoggoth arrived this week. It was encased, as all good tomes should be, in red cloth.

I await the appointed time, when the stars are right, to open it and obtain the arcane secrets that I am sure it contains. Many thanks, Shoggoth, whoever you are!

AFD42E6D-9874-4AB8-861D-B7204FE188FB.jpeg

The Keepers of the Woods for Trail of Cthulhu is available now - download it here.

Those Within for Call of Cthulhu 7e - coming to a convention near you soon...

@freddiefoulds ; Visit my blog: Arcana Obscura

#32 pifpog

pifpog

Neophyte

• Patron
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:02 PM

Oh most secret of shoggoths,

I am sure whatever gift you select for me will fill my heart with fear and joy in equal measure.

Gifts crafted by your hands, paws, tentacles will be welcome. A token of where your lair resides would be well received, although I will not be opening your package until the holiday.

If a list is helpful, I have most of the mainstream CoC and ToC books so the current vacancies on my shelf are off the beaten track - https://www.amazon.c...H?&sort=default

your most grateful recipient,

#33 carnage_lee

carnage_lee

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:37 PM

A very big thank-you to my Secret Shoggoth for my gift which arrived this evening, delivered by a member of the 'Amazon Cult'.

I shall wait till the stars are right before I open up the sparkling bag; as is correct and proper.

SecretShoggothXII[1]
SecretShoggothXII[2]

Seeds of Doom - plot generator

@TheDholesHouse - news and updates

#34 Helen

Helen

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 694 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:01 PM

Hi everyone, a lot of gifts are flying via Shoggoth around the world. Just a reminder that gifts are due, um, Friday 9th December. Obviously, it's actually the 8th today, so let's say it should be by end of tomorrow- Saturday 9th.

I've heard from 18 of you, but that leaves 15 people I haven't heard from. At least one person has sent but not told me (I know because your recipient had received).

Sorry to nag, but this process is so much easier if you communicate with me.

Thanks!
"I like weird. It's all I've got. That and my sweet style."

#35 pifpog

pifpog

Neophyte

• Patron
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:52 PM

thank you, oh most secret of Shoggoths.   I look forward to opening your gift from Beyond!*

* Beyond = Virginia

IMG_2079.jpg

#36 joerg73

joerg73

Master

• Patron Ultra
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:43 AM

Oh dear Secret One,

I received communications via a strange and alien looking method - which sounds more like one of those modern fast food places - which foretold me that forbidden knowledge is being delivered to my "inbox".

I will need to study this further and hope I will keep my sanity in the process.

Even if not, I thank you very much for your gift and also have a great Christmas yourself!

Joerg

#37 Chad Out of Space

Chad Out of Space

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:40 AM

Dear Secret! 

I have received my lovely gifts and am very happy with all of them! The bestiary is sublime, and of course the others are right to my taste. And what a card! I see myself in that image somehow... 

I sense we have met somewhere, no? 

Hope you have an excellent holiday!

#38 Rookery

Rookery

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Patron
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:21 AM

Thank you Secret Shoggoth. I heard the slithering of tentacles on the roof, the whisper of leathery wings and the stockings filled with something.

rSSg94M.jpg

Thank you so much for this Betty worthy hamper of treats. Worthy of any a weary and SAN drained investigator.

(Opened early due to the stern 'To ensure freshness open and gorge immediately' warning'

Many thanks and have a squamous Xmas and new year!

#39 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,409 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:50 AM

Thank you oh Secret Shoggoth! My gift from your divine protuberances has reached me, but it is guarded until the appointed time.

Soon! Soon!

Thank you, Secret Shoggoth....

secret-shoggoth-12-gift.jpg

#40 Karloff

Karloff

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:54 PM

Hello Shoggoth!

Package received. Many thanks! It looks like a lot of fun. ;)

Ephemera: where I talk about books and games.