• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 erdosain81

erdosain81

Neophyte

• 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:53 AM

Hello!

Can anyone share pre-generated characters that they have used for "Forget me not" from "The things we leave behind" adventure collection?

The characters are members of a supernatural TV show.

Alternatively, is there a link for generic Cthulhu now pregens, similar to Dhole's house (which only has 20s era characters, if I am not mistaken)?

Thank you!

#2 DeUniversumMysteriis

DeUniversumMysteriis

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:48 AM

Hi!

Did you check The Mark of Evil? It's a free PDF supplement for The Things We Leave Behind. There are no pre-generated characters but the supplement includes a list of all the jobs needed in a Supernatural TV show crew (with the skills each characters must have) on page 24. The Supplement is available on Drivethrurpg.com.

You can easil pick characters stats from the pre-gen here and just attribute their skill points to the needed occupations skills.

I hope it'll help.

Edited by DeUniversumMysteriis, 10 November 2017 - 09:50 AM.

#3 Pugwash

Pugwash

Master

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:25 AM

Hi there

I ran this at a local convention a little while ago and made some pre-genrated characters using art sourced from the net, the dropbox link is below.  From memory:

• I put the portraits on page 13 on the table and let the players assign them to each other based on the order they sat at the table
  • I randomly gave out some 'items' (also on page 13) to spark some characterisation, keep me guessing who got what, and possibly to try help with questions like "I pick up my phone and call a number from my contacts, who answers?"
  • The summary sheet on page 17 is for reference for all those rolls you do up front, plus what might be in the investigators rooms
  • As the investigators memories returned they got the short sheet, then the full skills sheet, reflecting their becoming more aware of who they are.
  • Spoiler
  • Best of luck with your run!

https://www.dropbox....M9Itb-c0Ua?dl=0

Edited by Pugwash, 11 November 2017 - 08:35 AM.

Character-Driven Roleplaying: ImaginaryEmpireGames.com

#4 DeUniversumMysteriis

DeUniversumMysteriis

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:40 AM

Yeah since the characters suffer amnesia it's important that they just don't know what they're capable of. There is another topic here about that kind of character and it was suggested that the Keeper should give the players blank characters sheets that he will fill up during the game, when the character has to do some rolls.

#5 Pugwash

Pugwash

Master

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 08:53 AM

Interesting. For convention one shots I'm of the view that the system should be as light touch as possible, so as you'll see from my sheets I don't want the players writing anything much, I did sanity using little plastic Cthulhu tokens and hit points using little glass gem stones.

For what it's worth, I think this is a tricky scenario - I loved reading it, and running it, but it is pretty hard on the players, as it's dark, and deprives the characters of a fair bit of agency.

Edited by Pugwash, 11 November 2017 - 09:00 AM.

Character-Driven Roleplaying: ImaginaryEmpireGames.com

#6 DeUniversumMysteriis

DeUniversumMysteriis

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 November 2017 - 09:16 AM

My bad, I meant that the Keeper will fill the character sheets during the game, not the player. For instance, if the player ask to operate the camera, the Keeper will ask for a roll, interpret the result and reveal the character's score in this skill, illustrating that while the character start operating the camera he realises that he knows what he is doing (Or Doesn't know, in the case where the character isn't actually the camera operator of the crew).

The player should not write anything on his sheet regarding his character's skills.

erdosain81, if you still need pregen characters for this adventure, be a little more patient. I'm currently working on five of them. I've got the producer's assistant, a host, a camera operator, a sound engineer and a supernatural expert.

#7 DeUniversumMysteriis

DeUniversumMysteriis

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 24 November 2017 - 09:51 PM

Hi there

I ran this at a local convention a little while ago and made some pre-genrated characters using art sourced from the net, the dropbox link is below. From memory:

• I put the portraits on page 13 on the table and let the players assign them to each other based on the order they sat at the table
  • I randomly gave out some 'items' (also on page 13) to spark some characterisation, keep me guessing who got what, and possibly to try help with questions like "I pick up my phone and call a number from my contacts, who answers?"
  • The summary sheet on page 17 is for reference for all those rolls you do up front, plus what might be in the investigators rooms
  • As the investigators memories returned they got the short sheet, then the full skills sheet, reflecting their becoming more aware of who they are.
  • Spoiler
  • Best of luck with your run!
https://www.dropbox....M9Itb-c0Ua?dl=0

I've just checked your characters. I like the presentation. It's very slick and simple. Personnally, I think I'll go with an auto-calc sheet for modern Cthulhu since my players are already used to it (Also, they won't know from the start what their characters are capable of).

I love the idea of having one of the characters doing drugs. If you don't mind, I think I'll take the liberty to add drugs stashed (Probably cocain) inside one of my characters' room. (It might be fun to see the player's reaction and maybe she/he will think that the character's health condition may be due to withdraw)

Hi, I think I've finished working on the investigators. I may make some change but you can use them if you want.

https://fr.scribd.co...ated-Characters

My run of Forget Me Not will take places in the late 80's but I guess the investigators would work nicely in any modern setting.

Note that this is a document made for the Keeper, not the players. My intention is to give my players blank character sheets (With only the character's photo, name, birthplace, residence and age... Anything a id card could tell, and also their characteristics, SAN, HP, MP and Luck scores) and give them their skill scores during the game as their characters remember what they're capable of. The Profile are just indications for me about who each characters was before losing his/her memory. It helped me when I chose their skills and this way I have a few hints of what I can come up with for their room (For instance : a drug stash for the addict. A photo of Lyn for the guy who loves her in secret etc...) and how the NPCs can describe their first encounter with them.

Also, I've placed the characters in a certain order. An order of "priority" if you will, depending of how many players I can gather for this adventure.

If there are only two players, one will be the Camera Operator, the other will be the Host.

If there are three players, I'll add the Production Assistant.

And so forth.

Unplayed investigators could also serve as NPCs or missing people. (What if the homeless guy described in the module is non other than the para-psychologist wandering around the farmhouse since he was separated from the others?)

#8 erdosain81

erdosain81

Neophyte

• 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:58 PM

Thank you so much PugWash and DeUniversumMysteriis !  Those are excellent characters and suggestions.

The slow reveal of the characters is a very interesting concept/challenge for these "amesia" scenarios.

DeUniversumMysteriis I can't get to your scribd characters link but I am not in a hurry - if you ever have a link again let me know.

I have postponed my run of this - as a novice Keeper, i want to run some more traditional scenarios before this- but I will definitely run it when i feel more confident.

Thank you once again!

Edited by erdosain81, 26 November 2017 - 09:58 PM.

#9 DeUniversumMysteriis

DeUniversumMysteriis

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:39 AM

Here you go :

https://www.dropbox....acters.pdf?dl=0

I have postponed my run of this - as a novice Keeper, i want to run some more traditional scenarios before this- but I will definitely run it when i feel more confident.

Wise decision. I'm not that experienced as a Keeper (I own the game since last year and I've runned only a few sessions) but while Forget Me Not is pretty straightforward I think the whole "Amnesia" theme could make it a bit harder to run for new Keepers.

#10 erdosain81

erdosain81

Neophyte

• 7 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:15 AM

Brilliant! Thank you once again!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Modern, CoC 7e