Keeper who never runs games

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 csymasterco

csymasterco

Neophyte

• 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:39 AM

I'm in a COC group that has been playing for about two years now. I have led the game before, but I am currently a player in our group. Our keeper is great, and always runs an enjoyable game, the problem is we have played once in the last three months and he seems annoyed when I bring the issue up. Do you all have any advice as to how to broach the subject? Should I look to form another game?

#2 CDL113

CDL113

Neophyte

• 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:43 AM

I would ask him away from the group first off. There might be some sort of personal drama going on that he doesn't want to advertise even to his friends. You could ask him out for coffee or take him out to eat, just don't make him feel trapped or cornered. That will put him on the defensive. Just be honest, calm, cool. and collected, and listen to his answer even if you don't like it. Think about what it is that you want to ask him BEFORE you sit down with him. Let him know that these are your questions & concerns and that you are asking not the group. He will feel less defensive one-on-one compared to him vs the group!

#3 Gaffer

Gaffer

Lesser Independent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,423 posts
  • LocationOrlando FL USA

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:19 AM

Get a scenario together and then call him. Tell him you've got a great story you want to run and would he mind if you stuck it in on a week he doesn't plan to run.

"Two in the head, you know he's dead." <heh-heh>

#4 chicklewis

chicklewis

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:37 AM

Gaffer has the ticket !
"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true."
- Lord Dunsany

#5 csymasterco

csymasterco

Neophyte

• 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:03 AM

Thanks for the advice everyone

#6 Aklo

Aklo

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:36 AM

How did it go? Or did it? Not trying to be nosy, but always interested in hearing how people solve the social issues inherit in running a long term RPG group.

The Optimist in me says we live in the best of all possible worlds...The Pessimist in me believes this is true.