7 replies to this topic

#1 synthboy

synthboy

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:12 PM

I'm running some games at a local convention at the end of the month and I'm keen to run something in the Delta Green universe. I was considering "Music From A Darkened Room" but after re-reading it I'm concerned that it won't fit into the four hours I have available and I'd hate to have to rush it. Does anybody have any alternative suggestions?

Ludmilla: I'll distract him, you slip something hard and tasteless into his drink.
Moe: What like, a potato?

#2 MrHandy

MrHandy

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 01 November 2017 - 02:17 AM

There's PX Poker Night. It's a great scenario, and it's a good way to introduce Delta Green to players who might not be familiar with it. I know it can be run in a four hour convention timeslot because I played it at a convention.

Zombie Apocalypse: A Blood Brothers style play-by-post forum-based RPG using CoC rules
Space Oddity: Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes/Call of Cthulhu in 1969 Philadelphia
The Terror Out of Time: Classic Doctor Who meets Call of Cthulhu in 1930 London

#3 alter

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationBielsko-Biała, Poland

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:34 AM

Or go with Night Floors. This should be done in covention slot...

My new blog about gaming, books and Lovecraftiana: bigthingswithsmallwings.blogspot.com

#4 The_Tatterdemalion_King

The_Tatterdemalion_King

Lesser Independent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:00 AM

I'd be tempted to run Artifact Zero, but if you want something more straightforward I'd recommend Future/Perfect 1 or 2.
Portfolio at www.chrishuth.com • Clients include Chaosium Inc, Sixtystone Press, Pelgrane Press and Sentinel Hill Press

#5 Graeme_P

Graeme_P

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:18 AM

Or go with Operation FULMINATE from the newly released (in PDF) Handlers Guide. That should be short enough for a convention slot.

#6 synthboy

synthboy

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 09:30 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. Having glanced over them all I think I'll go with PX Poker night: it's got some classic Delta Green tropes, doesn't reveal too much of the conspiracy (should I wish to run a  campaign with players at a later date) and also will probably require the least work from me. I'm running three games in a day and this one is last so I may be a bit burnt out by then.

Ludmilla: I'll distract him, you slip something hard and tasteless into his drink.
Moe: What like, a potato?

#7 WinstonP

WinstonP

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 3,577 posts
  • LocationFleeing westward

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:59 PM

You could also mix-n-match a pair of Shotgun Scenarios: http://fairfieldproj...otgun-scenarios
My blogs - Tomes in Progress (personal); Sentinel Hill Press (The Arkham Gazette and more)
Sentinel Hill Press on G+; Facebook; Twitter; Patreon

#8 AdamAlexander

AdamAlexander

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:47 PM

I'm running some games at a local convention at the end of the month and I'm keen to run something in the Delta Green universe. I was considering "Music From A Darkened Room" but after re-reading it I'm concerned that it won't fit into the four hours I have available and I'd hate to have to rush it. Does anybody have any alternative suggestions?

I recently played Music from a Darkened Room at a convention and we did it in 4 hours. There were four players and a Keeper. Worked great, but you might want to run it with another group beforehand.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Delta Green