• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 andreroy

andreroy

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:22 PM

Halloween is coming and it's perfect for a CoC game, especially a Haunted House/Manor or other buildings.

So digging up on the net for possible ideas I came unto this http://www.mindsprin...rnestm/cthulhu/ the who Scooby gang and the Mystery Machine (no Scrappy-Doo though) done for CoC (probably 5.x edition). And it got me thinking, why not make it a bit more ligh and run a Scooby-Doo adventure in a Haunted House...with or without the mask at the end, it's up to you.

I can see Freddy's ability to Scoff at Supernatural, steel his companion against Sanity lost.

#2 yronimoswhateley

yronimoswhateley

Lesser Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts
  • LocationDunwich, Maryland

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:37 PM

I don't see why not, especially for the youngsters: 

I think Scooby Doo was probably the first contact many of us (especially those of us born before the 1980s) had with the supernatural detective trope, and Scooby and the gang are already there in spirit, if not in character, in the Call of Cthulhu game.  (I think Scooby Doo, The Night Stalker, and any number of random characters from my parents' home-brewed ghost stories were, in no particular order, my first three contacts with supernatural detective stories, but I couldn't really say which of the three came first!)

Sure, go for it - handled with just the right amount of camp and nostalgic humor, it's bound to be fun!  :)

"I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time." - Blaise Pascal

#3 andreroy

andreroy

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:45 PM

True indeed. And with Scooby-Doo being "revised" abd retired so often everyone saw at least one iteration of it.

Not sure if I'll be able to do it (depends on availability and time) but worse case at gaming convention for quick 2 hours kids game or just pick-up games it could work well.

Introduce kids to the CoC/BRP system and you can Darken or lighten the mood as needed for the table and get a truly silly enjoyable game of ghost hunting/haunted house mystery.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CoC 1-6e