Innsmouth tiara.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dabbler

Dabbler

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationThe mist-shrouded gardens of Zaïs, Where blossoms the white nephalotë, The redolent herald of midnight.

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:00 PM

I have extremely strange and cantankerous views on Lovecraftian art, but this struck me as exceptionally well done, though quite different from my own conception (which owed a great deal to the ''horizontal'', i.e. with the horns visible from the front, not one covering the other, forms of the Christian mitre, as engraved in the Britannica).

http://www.siamorama...vecraft/nhs.htm

I wonder what other people would think. I find it both unsettling and queerly mesmerising and unpleasant to look at -- a strange effect certainly, and possibly my own overwrought mind.

Edited by Dabbler, 04 October 2017 - 10:00 PM.

''In theory, I am an agnostic, but pending the appearance of radical evidence I must be classed, practically and provisionally, as an atheist.''

#2 ElijahWhateley

ElijahWhateley

Greater Servitor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:21 AM

I suspect that some parts of that image might have started life as microscope photography.

In the Mythos, there is no such thing as cannon.

#3 Nick Storm

Nick Storm

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA - In the cool, dark earthen floor. USA

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:24 AM

I'm interested in the website.

'Sure, as long as the machines are working and you can dial 911, But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, you scare the shyte out of them, no more rules. You'll see how primitive they can get' . 

#4 Dabbler

Dabbler

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationThe mist-shrouded gardens of Zaïs, Where blossoms the white nephalotë, The redolent herald of midnight.

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:14 PM

I suspect that some parts of that image might have started life as microscope photography.

Yes -- is the central peak a pennate diatom? The rosettes look suspiciously as if they were made up out of photographs of  A. pellucida or P. angulatum. In any case many thanks.

''In theory, I am an agnostic, but pending the appearance of radical evidence I must be classed, practically and provisionally, as an atheist.''