#1 Lammomedes

Lammomedes

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationPalm Bay, Florida

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:37 PM

I'm looking for a good one-shot scenario set in London or environs. I'd prefer a scenario that could update to the late 1930s or 1940s; in other words, I'm looking for a suggestion for a scenario that can play out in 3-4 hours with experienced players and GM, but that also would work in WW2 London or nearby.

Thanks!

Edited by Lammomedes, 29 September 2017 - 03:37 PM.

#2 nclarke

nclarke

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • LocationSunny South Coast

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:54 PM

Something from C7's Cthulhu Britannica (1920's period scenarios) or something from their World War Cthulhu line, either Darkest Hour (SOE agents) or London (London based adventures during WW2).

I like Meat Trade from WWC London, but Midnight Sunrise is also well thought of.

#3 ReydeAmarillo

ReydeAmarillo

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationScotland, UK

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:04 PM

I personally recommend Vile Bodies in the London Guidebook. Although the LG is extraordinary expensive now, you may find a pdf copy online. It is set in the 20's, but prewar London didnt change that much so you should find it useable for WW2. I ran it for a solo Player ten years ago and it gave a good game. Edit: I have just skimmed through VB and I think it is an okay sandbox scenario and probably workable for a few Investigators for a few hours. You get an initial hook setting, two mundane places to go to for clues and witnesses, and the final Mythos locale. It can probably do with a bit of fleshing out and developing. Or just winging it on the day!

Edited by ReydeAmarillo, 29 September 2017 - 04:31 PM.

#4 Lammomedes

Lammomedes

Community Patron

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationPalm Bay, Florida

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:34 PM

Something from C7's Cthulhu Britannica (1920's period scenarios) or something from their World War Cthulhu line, either Darkest Hour (SOE agents) or London (London based adventures during WW2).

I like Meat Trade from WWC London, but Midnight Sunrise is also well thought of.

I have access to all them, but your second line was what I was looking for. So many choices, but how many can actually be played in 3-4 hour period to a satisfactory conclusion? That was where my question was aimed, but I'll take a look at Meat Trade and Midnight Sunrise. Thanks for the suggestions.

I personally recommend Vile Bodies in the London Guidebook. Although the LG is extraordinary expensive now, you may find a pdf copy online. It is set in the 20's, but prewar London didnt change that much so you should find it useable for WW2. I ran it for a solo Player ten years ago and it gave a good game. Edit: I have just skimmed through VB and I think it is an okay sandbox scenario and probably workable for a few Investigators for a few hours. You get an initial hook setting, two mundane places to go to for clues and witnesses, and the final Mythos locale. It can probably do with a bit of fleshing out and developing. Or just winging it on the day!

Thanks for the suggestion. I have the London guidebook (I'm pretty much a completist for CoC. I'll take a look at your suggestion.

#5 ReydeAmarillo

ReydeAmarillo

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationScotland, UK

Posted 29 September 2017 - 06:27 PM

I have access to all them, but your second line was what I was looking for. So many choices, but how many can actually be played in 3-4 hour period to a satisfactory conclusion? That was where my question was aimed, but I'll take a look at Meat Trade and Midnight Sunrise. Thanks for the suggestions.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have the London guidebook (I'm pretty much a completist for CoC. I'll take a look at your suggestion.

Fantastic, I hope you find the scenario that you are looking for, whether VB or another. But if you do use VB then there are are also a few local history webpages on Jack Cades Cavern that you might find useful too for setting info.

#6 UncleRiotous

UncleRiotous

Master

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:45 AM

May well not be what you're looking for but I set Edge Of Darkness (from the 6th edition corebook) in an old farmhouse on the North Downs Way above and slightly east of Merstham.  I swapped the hospital for Croydon General, the race course was at Gatwick but Epsom Downs would have done and you can pretty much pick any university in London.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CoC 7e, Jazz Age