#1 JS113

JS113

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• Patron
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:11 PM

Sentinel Hill Press is reworking Kevin Ross' The Dare for 7th edition (originally from Triad in 1996):

https://www.kickstar...revised-for-7th

#2 WinstonP

WinstonP

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 3,577 posts
  • LocationFleeing westward

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:16 PM

Indeed we are!

Here's a bit of ad copy:

What are you?  Scared!?   ...You should be.

Welcome to the Kickstarter for THE DARE a scenario for The Call of Cthulhu™ role-playing game, as licensed by Chaosium.  Originally written by Kevin Ross and published by Triad Entertainments in 1996, we have revised and expanded the scenario for the 7th Edition rules.

What is it about?
"Children will always be afraid of the dark." - H.P. Lovecraft

Do you remember what it was like to be a kid?  When in every shadow there might lurk a monster?  When a nightmare might be escaped from by diving under your blankets?  When the morning light brought escape from all your fears... for a little while?

In THE DARE, players take the role of a group of average kids who are forced by their neighborhood bully to spend the night in the dreadful (and haunted!) Barnaker house.  This being Call of Cthulhu, there are actually things in the house far more dangerous than even the most terrified child might imagine.  The kids must then work together to explore the nightmarish old Barnaker house and investigate its mysteries if they hope to survive until the morning.

a8819f0723046358cc49ffefe39c5322_origina

My blogs - Tomes in Progress (personal); Sentinel Hill Press (The Arkham Gazette and more)
Sentinel Hill Press on G+; Facebook; Twitter; Patreon

#3 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,417 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:40 PM

This Kickstarter only runs for 10 days - so quick sticks on this one if you want to support it!

#4 JS113

JS113

• Patron
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:54 PM

ha yeah I wasn't sure if the time frame was right or I had missed the early weeks of it!

#5 WinstonP

WinstonP

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:09 PM

ha yeah I wasn't sure if the time frame was right or I had missed the early weeks of it!

We're trying an experiment to see if short Kickstarters can be successful for us.  So far, so good!

My blogs - Tomes in Progress (personal); Sentinel Hill Press (The Arkham Gazette and more)

#6 andreroy

andreroy

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:15 PM

Sounds interesting.

Any chance of getting the original version as a Add-on? That way depending on time we can run the short or the long version :)

#7 sasori

sasori

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:35 PM

Backed!

Looking forward to this one.

#8 JS113

JS113

• Patron
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:04 PM

Will it be distributed to retail stores later, or would you consider adding a retailer backer level too?

#9 Chitin

Chitin

Breakfast Clubber

• Old Patron
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMuskegon, MI

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:11 PM

Any chance of getting the original version as a Add-on? That way depending on time we can run the short or the long version :)

Per a Kickstarter comment from SHP, "We include some suggestions for the Keeper on how to adjust for time, shorter or longer."

#10 WinstonP

WinstonP

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

Here's the video. Should have posted earlier

We are a little over $200 away from our next stretch goal - more art!

#11 WinstonP

WinstonP

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:06 PM

Our latest update, with 2 days to go:

https://www.kickstar...h/posts/2008392

#12 crazykane

crazykane

Master

• Old Patron
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:58 AM

60 Minutes to go, a special Stretch Goal was just added by Sentinel Hill, maybe a chance to preview the sequel of The Dare...

(personally, I did upgrade my pledge.. hoping for some candies, even if that last goal fails!)

"I've updated our pledge levels to our pledge levels. Backers at $20 (and higher, so Meddling Kids, More Meddling Kids, etc) will get PDF form-fillable character sheets for each of our unlocked eras (1980s, modern. 1920s). Should we reach our last stretch goal of $12,000, they will receive a preview of Kevin Ross' sequel to The Dare - release of that item is TBA.

We have 8 hours to raise about $2400, so if you want the fillable Dare specific sheets and a chance to see Kevin's work in progress, pledge or upgrade now."

https://www.kickstar...revised-for-7th

Edited by crazykane, 09 October 2017 - 02:59 AM.

#13 sasori

sasori

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:10 PM

Yeah, that last stretch goal addition came with no time for me to change my pledge unfortunately. Still, looking forward to the rewards!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fundraiser, CoC 7e