5 replies to this topic

#1 Graham

Graham

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 01:28 AM

An interesting story, 'Orthon' was the name of one of the aliens who allegedly contacted George Adamski in the 1950s. Here they are advising a Danish flying saucer group in the 1960s and in the comments it's revealed that the same entity may have put in an appearance in Japan in the 2010s, could it be a case of another Mask of Nyarlathotep making the rounds...?

https://thesaucersth...nmark-1967.html

Edited by Graham, 13 September 2017 - 09:31 AM.

"If you do good, you'll live forever, if you do bad you'll die hearing a single note for I am the one true sound...", Fragment found in a cult hideout.

#2 Graham

Graham

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:35 AM

This is another interesting tale that could be used as the inspiration for Delta Green, the 'event' took place in 1980 and appeared in several UFO related books in the same decade, but because the claimant left the investigation without giving their contact details the case fell into obscurity, or perhaps there was another reason.

Late in the evening of November 19, 1980, a man and woman were driving home to Longmont, Colorado, and had a strange experience. An intense beam of blue light locked onto their car. A noise as loud as a jet engine at takeoff but similar to the whish-whish of a bull whip accompanied the light. The radio filled with static and faded out. The headlights on the car dimmed. The rear wheels of the station-wagon left the pavement as the car lifted up at an angle. Then, abruptly, sound and light ceased and they were rolling along at 50 m.p.h. Checking their watches they discovered over an hour had vanished from their lives. Though, technically, they had not actually seen a UFO, nobody could doubt one was present. The resemblance to Neary's railroad crossing encounter in Spielberg's blockbuster Close Encounters of the Third Kind leaps out at you.

http://www.reall.org...n08/keeper.html

"If you do good, you'll live forever, if you do bad you'll die hearing a single note for I am the one true sound...", Fragment found in a cult hideout.

#3 Graham

Graham

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:11 AM

Another forgotten UFO story, this one was an alleged 1940s story that was recorded only in one obscure 1960s UFO publication ("Document 96" by Frank Martin Chase, 1968) , the story itself is more redolent of James Bond, and other 'superspy films' of the era in which is was recorded. It also seems to be an early version of the 'secret underground base' lore that appeared in UFOdom following the release of the film version of "The Andromeda Strain" in the 1970s, and which eventually absorbed material written for something called 'Delta Green'...

The story can be read in it's entirity in an article starting on page 6 of the linked PDF

http://www.reall.org...ews-v14-n01.pdf

#4 Graham

Graham

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:43 AM

This is another UFO story that could be used as scenario information, this one is less obscure than those posted previously having been written on several times in the 2000s, the blog post below aside from listing the books it was based on, ends with several questions prospective Keepers might find it interesting to come up with answers for.

I have always had an interest in UFO’s or Unidentified Flying Objects, and have read reports of some of the more famous sightings, as well as the claims that humans have been abducted by the beings on these craft before being returned to Earth. Unfortunately, despite all of the thousands of reported sightings and details of abduction encounters, physical evidence has always been lacking.

Despite my skepticism, I still like to read about such cases. One of the more unusual ones that I have just come across was the experience of US Army Private First Class Gerry Irwin on a winter’s night in Utah in the late 1950’s.

https://graham64.wor...te-gerry-irwin/

#5 Gallows

Gallows

Master

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:05 AM

Brilliant... living in Denmark, that was a fun read :)

#6 Graham

Graham

Lesser Servitor

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:48 AM

Brilliant... living in Denmark, that was a fun read :)

I thought so too, the illustrations especially, those two portraits of 'Orthon' look 'familiar' for some reason. But the best part is that the blog it is part of is devoted to the stories that 'slipped through the cracks':

Spoiler

One of the earliest reports of alien abduction from Twin Falls, Idaho, Sept. 7, 1956, more notable that the abductee was a 400-pound steer. UFOs and cattle,  a puzzling connection.

https://thesaucersth...alls-idaho.html

Edited by Graham, 01 October 2017 - 02:49 AM.