• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Black-Seal-Editor

Black-Seal-Editor

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:08 PM

Jeff Moeller’s scary-bad-wrong-fun Las Vegas caper scenario finally makes it to UK games shops the week ending 1 September 2017.

Lost in the Lights is the story of missing girls, singing psychopaths, and crazy insane cultists in Sin City. What goes insane in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

This version has been updated to Call of Cthulhu 7th edition.

litl_cover.jpg

If your FLGS doesn’t stock it, ask them to check Esdevium Games latest release sheet:

https://www.esdevium...2017-__-WEB.pdf

Given that Esdevium are owned by Asmodee, Lost on the Lights may also be available in European games stores so ask them as well if they can get you a copy.

It may be that you won't be able to secure a copy next week as numbers are limited, if so ask your retailer to put in a backorder so that Esdevium order more copies from me.

Lost in the Lights retails for £14.99. It will available from DrivethruRPG shortly.

Adam Crossingham
Publisher & Editor-in-Chief
Sixtystone Press Limited

#2 Rebensteiger

Rebensteiger

Master

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:12 PM

Is it still possible to get the original version for 6th edition? I don't own 7th edition.

#3 GBSteve

GBSteve

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:22 PM

Translation is quite easy. Skills are pretty much the same, luck rolls too. Stats, just divide by 5. That's it really.

Come read about Dreamhounds of Paris actually being played.

The Armitage Files, now with added Ennie Award.
Cthulhu Britannica: London Box Set, now with Golden Geek runner-up award.

#4 andreroy

andreroy

Keeper of the Silver Gate

• PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:29 PM

And Damage Bonus for unarmed/armed combat need to be recalculated as they are different.

But overall it's the same system and most adventure can be used almost as-is.

Edited by andreroy, 27 August 2017 - 08:33 PM.

#5 Rebensteiger

Rebensteiger

Master

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:44 PM

Thanks for the replies! I know conversion from 7th back to 6th is straightforward (divide by 5, round HP up instead of down, base Luck on POW, recalculate DB, look up skills that got renamed in 7th, etc.). It's still time consuming. I just wanted to know if the earlier version of the book was still available somewhere. I assume that it is not.

Edited by Rebensteiger, 27 August 2017 - 09:47 PM.

#6 Black-Seal-Editor

Black-Seal-Editor

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:38 PM

Is it still possible to get the original version for 6th edition? I don't own 7th edition.

There is no 6e print version. The reason is a long story, but short version is the files were lost and whilst they were recreated 7e was introduced.

As a licensee, all new material, which the recreated Lost in the Lights could be considered, has to be 7e. But as other posters have said backwards compatibility is simple.

Adam Crossingham
Publisher & Editor-in-Chief
Sixtystone Press Limited

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Publisher, CoC 7e, Modern, Sell