HJ

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationMaidenhead, UK

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:02 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-essex-41012491

A sad story from Southend or perhaps they had a more nefarious reason for putting the kid in the coffin. Rather bizarrely, much to her chagrin, my Mum's motor scooter used to be on display in this museum.

Do any of the archaeologists on the forum know any recent news about the royal Saxon tomb they found at Prittlewell a few years ago. It was supposed to go on display at some point. Paul with your "Back to Basildon" issues, it would suggest that you are now the expert on south Essex stuff.

HJ

#2 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,414 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:10 PM

Paul with your "Back to Basildon" issues, it would suggest that you are now the expert on south Essex stuff.

I couldn't tell you about Prittlewell, but I can tell you Basildon Bond is quite nice stationery. :-)

#3 HJ

HJ

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • LocationMaidenhead, UK

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:59 PM

Wrong Basildon for the paper strangely. It comes from that staple of period dramas, Basildon Park, which has an amazingly decorated tea room downstairs.

#4 ReydeAmarillo

ReydeAmarillo

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationScotland, UK

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:11 AM

Having grown up in Essex (and left as soon as I was old enough) I am both unsurprised by the stupidity of those who caused that damage and very surprised that anyone would want to go "Back to Basildon" ☺.

Edited by ReydeAmarillo, 07 September 2017 - 07:12 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Non-Mythos News