#1 jlynn

jlynn

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBeyond Time and Space

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:46 PM

The Second of the three Props of Nyarlathotep Kickstarters by Delphes Desvoivres, this one covering some of the props useful for the New York and Kenya chapters, is now live.

It kicked off about 16 and a half hours ago, and funded within an hour and a half.  The Stretch Goals look pretty good too.  So check it out.

You can find it here.

The "Early Bird" pledges are a pretty good deal, given the quality of her work (if you have the Sedefkar Simulacrum that she created, I need say no more), and one of the Early Bird offers can get you all the goodies from the London/Cairo prop Kickstarter she did earlier in the year.  I have that one, and can speak to the quality of the props, if anyone wants to know.

Interestingly, the Early Bird offers have a "time limit" (within 48 hours of the start of the campaign) as opposed to a "number of backers" limit (with the exception of the one offering the props from the last Kickstarter -- that one is good for 72 hours, but only 5 people can get it; presumably because she only has that many complete sets of props left).  Plus you can still add on a copy of the Eye of Light and Darkness from the long defunct Ben Patey fiasco -- which is the only part of that one I ever saw, because Delphes forced the issue and made sure we got it; but it's a great piece of sculpture!

And the Early Bird is a pretty good deal, price-wise; cuts almost 60 Euros from the price -- enough to make up for the shipping to the USA for me, with about 30 Euros left over for "extras" if I want them!

Not sure if anyone else has said anything here yet (though I know Delphes is a member), so here it is.  (If you need to merge this with another topic, Paul, please do so!)

#2 AdamAlexander

AdamAlexander

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:08 PM

I heartily agree with jlynn's assessment of the quality of Delphes' work.

Edited by AdamAlexander, 17 August 2017 - 09:10 PM.

#3 mvincent

mvincent

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:15 PM

the Early Bird is a pretty good deal, price-wise; cuts almost 60 Euros from the price

How do you mean?

#4 jlynn

jlynn

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBeyond Time and Space

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:35 PM

If you go to the Kickstarter, you'll see that the "Kenyan Sorcerer" level is 283 Euros. If you were to pledge between now and tomorrow at midnight Paris time (4pm our time, if you are in Portland, OR (I'm in northern CA), you'll find that you can get it for a bit less (when you pledge, the "early bird" versions appear, even though they aren't listed on the main campaign page).

If you just compare the base prices, it's only a 15 Euro savings (268 Euros for the Early Bird version, versus 283 Euros for the regular version after tomorrow night), but as an Early Bird backer, I'm getting discounts on a lot of things that are being added on. By my best calculations that should total up to about 60 Euros less than I'd pay otherwise, assuming we hit some of the big stretch goals. YMMV based on whether or not you want to go whole hog or not.

Sorry for the confusion.

(Edited to add: I picked the Kenyan Sorcerer because it's the level that has everything in it, and that's what I pledged for. Obviously the numbers will work out differently if you pledge for something else...)

All, I'd like to apologize for being somewhat misleading in my initial post regarding the savings that I was getting from the Early Bird version. In actual fact, up front, you save about 15 Euros.

I was including the expected savings I will receive from getting the more expensive "add-on" items that will come into play if certain stretch goals are met. I should have been much more explicit in stating that what I was talking about was MY possible savings based on getting everything that gets added on, and assuming that all stretch goals were met.

I sincerely apologize to all of you, and especially Delphes, for my malapropriate phrasing of that! Please check out the prices for yourself, and decide based on your own circumstances and wishes!

I stand by my comments on the excellent quality of Delphes' work, however! :)

(And a tip o' the hat to Mr. Vincent for asking for clarification!)

I do want to urge any of you that are considering this Kickstarter and are thinking they might want the whole lot of the available props, to hop in before the Early Bird deals expire -- the savings mount up as the campaign moves forward, and if you change your mind for any reason (lack of funds is a popular one with me -- I've done that several times), you can always back out before the end of the campaign (on September 4th). But why spend more than you have to by missing out on the better deal?

And, even if you don't want absolutely everything in the Kickstarter, there are a number of props (offered as individual pledge levels) that you might not be able to recreate on your own -- the most obvious of which (for me) are the Bloody Tongue statuette, and the Mask of Hyama.

Anyway, I'm done here, but I just wanted to avoid having anyone kick themselves later when they wind up paying a bit more than they might have otherwise had to. God knows I've done that to myself more than once over the years, and I would have appreciated someone telling me if I had a chance to prevent it... ;-)

#5 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,417 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:01 AM

MikeM shows off some of the items from this KS.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fundraiser