7 replies to this topic

#1 nickedwardscru

nickedwardscru

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:17 PM

In the next few months I am going to run a short-ish campaign in The Wars setting in the forthcoming Yellow King game.

There are no published scenarios available yet and although I will try and create some material myself I was hoping to plug some gaps by adapting scenarios from similar games.

The Wars setting is, in brief set an alternative version of WW1/WW2 with a suitably Yellow Sign wierdness/madness/corruption. I do own Shadows of War from CoC but  I don't think there is anything suitable there. Can anyone suggest scenarios - whether from things like Achtung Cthulhu or similar horror games? I would prefer mysteries but combat-heavy is ok too.

#2 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,409 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:28 PM

You could have a look at John Wick's Curse of the Yellow Sign Act I: Digging for a Dead God which is set on the brink of WWII. It is fairly "sandboxy" though with pre-gens and character agendas.

I'm sure others will have more/more suitable suggestions!

#3 The_Tatterdemalion_King

The_Tatterdemalion_King

Lesser Independent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,482 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 11:09 PM

Have you looked at Soldiers of Pen and Ink and Dulce et Decorum Est

Portfolio at www.chrishuth.com • Clients include Chaosium Inc, Sixtystone Press, Pelgrane Press and Sentinel Hill Press

#4 GBSteve

GBSteve

Breakfast Clubber

• Super Moderator
  • 4,093 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:58 AM

You could also look at Unknown Armies for high weirdness.

Come read about Dreamhounds of Paris actually being played.

The Armitage Files, now with added Ennie Award.
Cthulhu Britannica: London Box Set, now with Golden Geek runner-up award.

#5 nickedwardscru

nickedwardscru

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:51 PM

Thanks TDK, purchasing in progress, I had forgotten about those (I am a completist up to about 2010 but have plenty of gaps after that). I'll also look at Unknown Armies. And have remembered i should dig up my copy of the Shoah-themed supplement to a horror game I can't now remember (I thought at the time it was a legitimate effort despite the subject though I don't personally want to put it front and centre as a theme in what, in the end, is an evening entertainment).

#6 vincentVV

vincentVV

Knight of the Outer Void

• PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationMinsk, Belarus

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:46 PM

Warning! If you are to use Curse of the Yellow Sign - you will need at least 4-5 players (no less) who are ready to play their own agendas. That's not like a usual CoC game where players are a team of investigators.

So, both you and your players must accept this style of game in oder for it to go well.

#7 rsanford

rsanford

Master

• Patron
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:26 PM

Warning! If you are to use Curse of the Yellow Sign - you will need at least 4-5 players (no less) who are ready to play their own agendas. That's not like a usual CoC game where players are a team of investigators.

So, both you and your players must accept this style of game in oder for it to go well.

Thanks - useful warning!

#8 nickedwardscru

nickedwardscru

Knight of the Outer Void

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:56 PM

Have you looked at Soldiers of Pen and Ink and Dulce et Decorum Est

I now have SoP&I and it's perfect - thanks