mvincent

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:23 PM

Inexplicably, Sandy Petersen is still cranking out more Mythos miniatures:

https://www.kickstar...ars-onslaught-3

I backed the previous Kickstarters, and ended up with absolute Mountains of Miniatures. Seriously, I was shocked (excellent quality, too). He really commits (with an obsessive attention to detail). After the last KS, I was kinda curious what was left for him to make.

What's everyone's take on the newest stuff? The new investigator minis definitely appear to be post-apoc.

#2 SandyPetersen

SandyPetersen

Petersen Games

• Old Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationRockwall, Texas

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:23 PM

Yes the investigators are post-apocalypse. After all it is taking place in the time after Cthulhu's uprisal. Really I guess they're not "investigators" any more. No one needs proof of Cthulhu's existence. 

My goal is pretty much to produce the biggest, most complete set of Lovecraftian figures ever done. Probably I completed that task years ago, but it goes on. Now I have the Hound, and even the Bloated Woman. And dreamlands obscurities such as Wamps and Vooniths. 

#3 cjearkham

cjearkham

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Premium
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:13 PM

The most obvious absence is Nodens, but I'd also like to the see the crawling creatures from "The Nameless City" (possibly related to the Yothans but certainly not the same), the almost-human Men of Leng (likewise, close to your Satyrs but not the same), and the winged hound-creature of "The Hound". Elsewhere you'd mentioned wanting to do the Space-Eaters, but I'd also like to see CAS's Vulthoom and the Aihais (which pair cries out for a Mars map), and Kuttner's Watchers. If you're up to another round of independent Great OId Ones, I'd like to see Nug and Yeb, Lloigor and Zhar, and Zushakon, Iod, and Vorvadoss.

Chris Jarocha-Ernst
Hagiographer of the Cthulhu Mythos

#4 AdamAlexander

AdamAlexander

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:36 PM

These are all great suggestions and I hope they get some consideration.

#5 mvincent

mvincent

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:53 AM

I *loved* all the previous minis... now I just need a chance to use them in CoC.

In this new one, I like the concept art for the Masks of Nyarlathotep, especially the Sphinx form (I used an Arcane Legions Sphinx as a proxy for this last time I ran MoN).

#6 cjearkham

cjearkham

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Premium
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:37 PM

Sandy has just revealed a Nodens "miniature", free to all backers.

a9de5ab6926fe8571f213341c3a6c727_origina

Chris Jarocha-Ernst
Hagiographer of the Cthulhu Mythos

#7 Nick Storm

Nick Storm

Son of Yog-Sothoth

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, PA - In the cool, dark earthen floor. USA

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:03 PM

oh noe...not to my tastes. I will probably back this KS as the Bloated Woman and the Dark Pharaoh are excellent but there as some really meh sculpts in this one.  

'Sure, as long as the machines are working and you can dial 911, But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, you scare the shyte out of them, no more rules. You'll see how primitive they can get' . 

#8 carpocratian

carpocratian

Knight of the Outer Void

• Patron
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:39 AM

It would be nice if there was a pledge where you just get one of each sculpt (even the cultists).  I have no interest in the board game itself (not my type of thing), and will only be using them with CoC, so I don't need multiples of cultists and creatures.  That's why I have never bought the core game, either.  I was having a hard time convincing myself to back this, especially with the Reaper Bones Kickstarter going on, but finally decided that I would just sell the duplicates.

I don't see any way to put add-ons in the pledge - is that something that you do after the campaign?

#9 AdamAlexander

AdamAlexander

Breakfast Clubber

• Patron Ultra
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:18 PM

I bailed out of both this and Bones this time. Unpacking box after box of unopened miniatures after a recent move convinced me that they are probably the last thing I need more of right now. It would be nice to just get the investigators, though.

#10 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,416 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:01 PM

This Kickstarter closed at: $1,076,211/$100,000 USD from 4,130 backers.

#11 PoC

PoC

Breakfast Clubber

• Administrator
  • 18,416 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth House, Yorkshire Branch

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:38 PM

Here's a video clip of an interview wth Sandy at Gen Con 2017 talking about Cthulhu Wars: Onslaught 3.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fundraiser